• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New Dojang ... Woohooo!

Hey all,

I just had to share this with KF members. I found a new dojang :D Woohooo!!! It's very similar to TSD. No contracts, and almost pure self defense (what I was looking for in MA). And they let me keep my rank :) Not that it's really important, but it just suprised me. And the monthly tuition is cheap. I definitely get my money's worth plus some here. It's great!

Laurie F

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Good for you Laur!! and TSD your very first "love"

I see the change in you "sig".... :)

ok ... (KSNDoug I'm gonna tease again...) I'll share another excerpt of my article)....

"Moo-Duk-Kwan, was founded by Grandmaster Hwang Kee in 1945 also in Seoul. Moo Duk Kwan stands for "a brotherhood and school of stopping inner and outer conflict and developing virtue according to the way of the worthy hand." Some have shortened this to "Art of the knife hand." Moo Duk Kwan's signature technique was the roundhouse kick. The style used was originally called Hwa Soo Do. But later Grandmaster Kee decided to incorporate Tang Soo Do into the Hwa Soo Do. Now Moo Duk Kwan calls their art Soo Bak Do. It is said that Ji Do Kwan/Moo Duk Kwan became the largest of the kwans in Korea during the late 1950's. In fact, Grandmaster Hwang Kee estimated that in 1960, these two kwans constituted 70 per cent of the Taekwondo/Tang Soo Do/ Kong Soo Do/Tae Soo Do population. Modern Tang Soo Do is heavily indebted to Grandmaster Kee."

Yes, Kickchick is right. My instructor's instructor was one of Hwang Kee's students right before the "split" of TSD and TKD. So, he kept the TSD type stuff, except for the color belt forms. Then it goes back to the Moo Duk Kwan forms.

Kensai, it's not "pure" TSD. It's mixer of TKD and TSD (see above). But as far as self defense, joint locks, ect it is very much TSD. The master instructor even wears the black belt with the red stripe through it (TSD thing). We do still practice the "fancy" kicks, but most of our training centers around self defense type stuff.

Freestyler, I'm dumping my old dojang like a bad habbit (ok bad humor, sorry LOL). I have to make an appointment with the master instructor to tell him that I'm just not interested anymore. I talked to a lawer about the contract thing already, so if he "plays" games ..... hehehehehe

Thanks all for the congrads :)

Laurie F