• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Japan in the summer

conrad665

I am going to Japan in mid-June this summer. I will have ten days or so to do sightseeing, and visit a karate dojo :) Is there anyone in Japan or who knows Japan well? I haven't decided which places to visit (Osaka, Nara and Kyoto, probably, but haven't made a detailed plan yet) and I am not sure about the transportation method I should prefer, considering I am on a tight budget. Any recommendations on these two issues will greatly be appreciated. Thank you!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Not got any advice but Japan is on my bucket list and hope to do it in a couple of years. Hope you have fun!

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Not got any advice but Japan is on my bucket list and hope to do it in a couple of years. Hope you have fun!

Thanks, DWx! I am really excited about it, and hope to have a great time there :)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

If you want any video game-related advice, my girlfriend definitely has some, she went to Japan and loved it, haha. Actually, advice from her is in the second thread Bob linked to. :) (Good list, Bob!) But if anyone else has any advice, definitely add it here! Thanks. :)

Patrick

Hi, thanks for the links, sensei8! And sorry for the late reply, this week has started really hectic for me. I read some of them and there is really useful information for me, considering my Sensei told me I can take an exam in Japan. It is very tempting to train all the time while in Japan, but I should resist it and do some sightseeing as well :D I will definitely consider the recommendations. Actually, last year I had a chance to visit Japan for one week but did not have enough time to see much, except a bit of Tokyo and some (incredibly beautiful) shrines in Kyoto. Now I hope to have a nicely programmed trip before I go.

If you want any video game-related advice, my girlfriend definitely has some, she went to Japan and loved it, haha. Actually, advice from her is in the second thread Bob linked to. (Good list, Bob!) But if anyone else has any advice, definitely add it here! Thanks.

Thanks for the advice, Patrick :) unfortunately I never played any video games in my life :D I will add Meiju shrine and Imperial Palace to my to-be-visited list.

My major problem for now is that I do not have much information on the transportation system of Japan by bus. Their railway system is ultra-super, but not affordable for me this time. I wonder if anyone used buses in Japan and if it is possible to travel by bus as comfortably as trains (at least as much as possible, although it is not as quick as possible). I will spend three days in Shizuoka, then probably head to Kyoto-Osaka-Nara. Then I'll return to Tokyo and to the Narita airport. I may take the bus in the night if possible to spare my hotel fee as well :D What do you think? Would it be difficult to get to these places by bus?

I am going to Japan in mid-June this summer. I will have ten days or so to do sightseeing, and visit a karate dojo :) Is there anyone in Japan or who knows Japan well? I haven't decided which places to visit (Osaka, Nara and Kyoto, probably, but haven't made a detailed plan yet) and I am not sure about the transportation method I should prefer, considering I am on a tight budget. Any recommendations on these two issues will greatly be appreciated. Thank you!

I have zero suggestions, but man am I jealous! Have a great time! Keep us posted on how it goes!

I have zero suggestions, but man am I jealous! Have a great time! Keep us posted on how it goes!

Thanks, tallgeese! I'll do it :)

My wife and son just returned to the US after 2 weeks in the Osaka area. It was cherry blossom season. They saw kyudo, karate, kendo, and judo classes, hike mountains, saw shrines and a castle, and so much more! I'm jealous that I have to live vicariously through their photos! It looks and sounds awesome.

My wife and son just returned to the US after 2 weeks in the Osaka area. It was cherry blossom season. They saw kyudo, karate, kendo, and judo classes, hike mountains, saw shrines and a castle, and so much more! I'm jealous that I have to live vicariously through their photos! It looks and sounds awesome.

Sounds like your wife and son had a blast; and what a great time to visit Japan!!

:D

**Proof is on the floor!!!