• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karate Champ Arcade1Up Cabinent

Hey all,

Arcade1Up makes budget, officially-licensed 3/4 size arcade cabinets. We have a Rampage one, and I love it.

Anyway, they announced recently that later this year they'll be releasing a Karate Champ cabinet that will also include BurgerTime, Caveman Ninja and Bad Dudes, and I'm definitely thinking that I want it.

https://arcade1up.com/products/karate-champ

I kind of wish they had styled the cabinet itself as Bad Dudes, just because that game is so goofy, but Karate Champ is better for this group, obviously. :) They haven't announced a price yet, but the previous ones retailed at $299, so maybe around there.

Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I think the arcade cabinets are pretty cool. Growing up in the 80s and 90s, that was where it was at. I played Karate Champ a ton of times at my city rec center. No quarters needed!

The game’s controls definitely aren’t easy. Two joysticks I believe instead of a single joystick and buttons. The controls frustrated us to no end. I think what could’ve been a legendary game was stifled because of the difficult controls. The basic premise and what was going on on-screen were really ahead of its time.

And it’s pretty easily found for the original NES. About $5 for the cartridge. I play it every now and then. I still get aggravated :) Not on the NES Classic Mini though.

• 11 months later...

This unit is now up for pre-order, though the artwork has been changed to Burger Time (which I think is actually an improvement, but that's just me): https://arcade1up.com/products/burger-time-arcade-machine

• 2 weeks later...

I remember playing Bad Dudes in the arcade, and I loved it! Poured tons of quarters into that one! Those old co-op fighters are near and dear to my heart...

Bad Dudes is great!!!!

Gotta save Ronnie Reagan from the ninjas!!!!

I have it on an old school arcade machine I bought from Walmart on sale for $25. It has a lot of other games on it too, though it is not the stand-up arcade replica mentioned above.

Godan in Ryukyu Kempo

Head of the Shubu Kan Dojo in Watertown, NY

(United Ryukyu Kempo Alliance)