• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

39-38 Giants!

KickChick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My problem is that I was cheering for the team that blew THE biggest lead in history.

To this day I can't understand why the Oilers would play "prevent" defense for a whole half!!!??????

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

After watching the Lions for the past 15+ years I'm used to watching the prevent (yourself from winning) defense.

It must have been something in the air yesterday with come from behind games. The Red Wings were down 3-1 in the third period against Chicago with less than 10 minutes left. They won 4-3 in OT. Yeah, baby, yeah!

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

I heard on the news this morning that the NFL has admitted to its mistake. The Giants SHOULD have had time left to try the field goal!

Lot of good THAT does!

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

"The refs ruled correctly that New York had an ineligible receiver downfield. But they did not throw a flag when Rich Seubert was yanked to the ground as he tried to catch a pass after the Giants bungled the field-goal attempt."

http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/sports/RTGAM/20030107/wnfloff/Sports/sportsBN/breakingnews-sports

What a rip-off!!

Thats the way it goes. That one Giants OL (the other one) shouldn't have ran down the line to begin with. And the Giants had so many other chances as well. You can't blame the refs for the whole thing. And even if you get to rekick the 41 yarder, it is just another chance and that kicker has been quite shaky.

• 4 weeks later...