• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What belt level is this kick delivery in your opinion?

Your second vid was definitely better - although I'm not a fan of counter torqueing the lead hand guard (I know some croups do this and I have heard arguments for and against).

K.

Funny you mention that, I can't seem to throw a really hard kick on a target without this side effect. Maybe it's a balance thing.

What are the arguments for torqueing the lead hand guard? I wouldn't do it if I could choose..

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also note that when I kick targets it's technically different from doing kata kicks.

See here

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wMQ5lzK6YAM

Two completely different kicks mechanically

I put it at top 40% among Korean arts kickers but it was more interesting if you would have done it slower or with a moment of locking the technique. a hold would show the strength which comes with time and training. if this kick , is the best you can do and you don't have any major physical limitation, I can only say you are above 6 months practicing either at home or a club.

I have two questions for you :

1- can you open your legs 180. if you can NOT then is it a physical limitation or you need more training time?

2-can you stay in Shiko dachi for 2 minutes ? if NOT, is it a physical limitation or you need more training time?

1. No. Physical limitation according to my experience.

2. Yes I can. Just did it

Sorry, I will not grade this because rank is completely unimportant across the board!!

Since YOU asked...What rank do YOU think it is??

:(

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Sorry, I will not grade this because rank is completely unimportant across the board!!

At the very least 1st degree black belt.

Do you have a formal rank/grade at present?

K.

Usque ad mortem bibendum!

I can't speak from a TKD perspective but in our karate group this wouldn't be considered good enough for 1st Dan.

But as others have mentioned, you cant base a grade/rank on one technique.

K.

Usque ad mortem bibendum!

I can't speak from a TKD perspective but in our karate group this wouldn't be considered good enough for 1st Dan.

K.

Then I guess the standard of ITF TaeKwondo is worse. Every black belt in this clip throws a far worse roundhouse kick first clip

K.

Then I guess the standard of ITF TaeKwondo is worse. Every black belt in this clip throws a far worse roundhouse kick first clip

With respect, you are asking on a forum for people to valid your kick. So if you are unsure of your own technique, how can you judge others so harshly? The kicks in the clip you criticise look fine to me. They are not as fast as yours. But speed counts for nothing without power, stability and repeatability.

You're not wanting us to validate you, rank wise, are you?? Because if you are, I apologize, but, I bow out of this thread all together. I've been way to long on the floor to entertain that type of thing.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!