• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Beginner Tae Kwon Do Forms

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

We don't do Sunsu Hyung, so I can't comment on that. The others, though, I see stylistic differences, but otherwise I think they look pretty decent. I see you don't use sine wave, so you're not an ITF affiliate. We don't use sine wave either, so that's not a deal-breaker in my opinion.

Thanks for sharing.

Forgive my question, please...

Why are the forward stepping so robot-like??

With each step, the stepping forward foot goes in a straight line...shoulder width to shoulder width, step after step; to me, that way of stepping forward is disjointed.

The feet aren't, as one's stepping forward, having the back foot, going to the inside/center of the body, then returning to the outside, shoulder width, for the ending of the forward step. This is also what GM Suh taught us, and is akin to what Shindokan teaches.

I'm just wondering. I know style differences exist, this is why I'm asking, and I'm not implying that what I see in the videos is incorrect, just different.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 3 weeks later...

It sounds like you're talking about what I've heard referred to as a half-moon step, Bob. I don't step that way, either. My foot might come in toward my center line a little bit, but not a lot, and not all the way to the center line. I know of some styles that like to sweep the stepping foot along the ground, too, and I don't like that either. It just tends to be a difference in styles.