• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I have a new belt to break in

I earned my promotion to blue belt tonight.

A month and a half ago or so, our sensei asked us what our karate goal for the year was. I wanted a goal that will make me work. I could have said blue belt, but I knew we were not far from the next grading. So, I chose green belt by year end. For us, yellow to green is 2 promotions. I am not really belt chasing, I just know I work better with goals.

I normally wear a size 6 belt. My new one is size 5. When Sensei offered to change it out, I told him it is a weight loss goal now. It fits, but does not hang like I prefer.

Unfortunately, the girl spawn came down with strep throat and could not make the grading tonight for her stripe.

Most of the work will have to be during summer vacation as I have 1 more semester of school. So now the hard work with new material begins.

I also have my college graduation Saturday for Managerial Accounting and a second major in Finance. Fall grads walk the previous spring. That makes it like winning the booby prize. Here is an empty folder, now come back next semester.

It has been a good month.

"Those who know don't talk. Those who talk don't know." ~ Lao-tzu, Tao Te Ching

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Nice! Congrats on the promotion and on the (early) graduation!

Lots of work ahead, to be sure, but you got this!

It seems like no matter what goals I set there is more work on the other side.

"Those who know don't talk. Those who talk don't know." ~ Lao-tzu, Tao Te Ching

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano

Congrats!

The person who succeeds is not the one who holds back, fearing failure, nor the one who never fails-but the one who moves on in spite of failure.

Charles R. Swindoll