• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Side kick video of me

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Have you tried it against a heavy bag or kick shield? I mean no disrespect, but I think you'd just bounce off.

It looks like you're leaning back too much, but it's difficult to tell for sure as the video cuts off before the kick finishes. Ie we dint see how your weight shifts as you bring your kicking foot back down.

This might be different in taekwondo. But I'd suggest keeping your arms in. It looks like you are throwing them out to counter balance. If that's the case then it means your core is not doing its job right. Try kicking with your arms kept in guard position. You'll find your core muscles have to work harder to maintain your balance, but it means you can focus more force into the kick while at the same time meaning your opponent will hind it a bit harder to simply step in diagonally and land 3 solid strikes to your unguarded head and body before you even bring you kicking foot back into play.

Videos are not there. They say removed by user.

The person who succeeds is not the one who holds back, fearing failure, nor the one who never fails-but the one who moves on in spite of failure.

Charles R. Swindoll

Yep, still can't see it.

OneKickWonder, what you are describing sounds like the he is shooting the same arm as the kicking leg forward, like a hammer fist strike. That is kind of the TKD way of doing it. When I was in the ATA, we did it without that. Now, the style I'm in encourages sending the arm forward with the kick. Just a different way.

Yep, still can't see it.

OneKickWonder, what you are describing sounds like the he is shooting the same arm as the kicking leg forward, like a hammer fist strike. That is kind of the TKD way of doing it. When I was in the ATA, we did it without that. Now, the style I'm in encourages sending the arm forward with the kick. Just a different way.

I get that there are subtle differences between styles. Incidentally in tang soo do in forms, side kick is often accompanied by a hammer fist as you describe. But it's what the other arm is doing that would concern me more.

Yep, still can't see it.

I get that there are subtle differences between styles. Incidentally in tang soo do in forms, side kick is often accompanied by a hammer fist as you describe. But it's what the other arm is doing that would concern me more.

Well, I'd have to see what his other arm is doing. The videos still don't work.

As for me, when I'm kicking, the other arm either comes up by my cheek, gets pulled to the ribs (usually only for forms/basics), or gets held somewhere around my gut (especially if I'm tired). I try to make sure it doesn't dangle downwards.