• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello From West Central Illinois

Greetings from West Central Illinois,

I am a 6th dan in Shotokan, a 5th dan in Yamanaka Kojute Jujitsu, a 4th dan in Soong Mu Kwan and Chueng Mu Kwan Korean Karate. I’ve been training since 1973 when I first started in Shaolin kung fu, did boxing in tae kwon do in the late 70s, Hapkido in the 80 – 81. When I went into the military I did judo and started training Shotokan and other various styles. After the military started training in the town of Macomb Illinois in 1986 with Shihan Ed Kuras.

I have been teaching since 1988 and continuing to practice my martial skills as time goes on. Started training with George Anderson in 1992 when he came to visit in Macomb about 2 times a year and I would go to Akron also to work with the Kwan Mu Kan group especially I jujitsu.

Love the martial arts and love sharing my knowledge and learning. Recently started getting into sharing videos on YouTube that lecture on the martial arts not just technique. This was to help people advance further in their thinking and not limit them to stylized ideas.

If anyone is interested and has questions you can find the channel on YouTube: https://goo.gl/4DGydu

I hope I’m able to share things with this group. I’m looking forward to anything I might learn and be able to help anybody else out there with.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome to KF ShihansDojo. We're glad your here.

The person who succeeds is not the one who holds back, fearing failure, nor the one who never fails-but the one who moves on in spite of failure.

Charles R. Swindoll

Welcome to the forum

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society