• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Greetings :)

Washo

Hi guys,

Hello to you all, I'm new around here (created account some time ago but newer used it)!

I'm an active shotokan karate practicioner and proud 3kyu holder :) I started karate upon the age of 20, with a few critics that I'm "too old", but soon enough I realized there's no such a thing as being too old for martial arts ;).

Being in martial arts for ~2 years, I can already say that I've gone trough a lot, and I can't even imagine what's there yet to find out! :) I'm not yet competing, but I do hope that one day I might join a tournament or two.

Looking forward to this forum! :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Mhm, I quickly realized those are empty words from lazy ones, but well.

As a matter of fact, at my first training I met some guys (and even gals) that started at approx. 40-45 years of age and went very far in terms of karate. And are, by all means, giving much more effort in their performance than us youngsters.

Welcome aboard.

Regardless of what anyone tells you, 20 IS too old... if you’re looking to be an under-18 champion. Or if you’re looking to dominate the dojo like Kramer did...

Welcome to KF, Washo. We're glad to have you.

The person who succeeds is not the one who holds back, fearing failure, nor the one who never fails-but the one who moves on in spite of failure.

Charles R. Swindoll

Welcome to the forum! I started at 18, for what it's worth :P

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society