• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I really want to watch this, but I hate the idea of needing to pay $10 a month for another streaming service. I already have Netflix and Hulu. I just feel that having another one for just show is ludicrous.

Me too. If they’ve got a free trial period, I’ll wait for the season to finish airing then binge watch it during that time. Most of those services have a 7 day trial period. The frugal side of me says do that. The other side of me says if I really want to watch it, $10 isn’t too steep. I mean, movie tickets alone cost more than that. But yeah, free trial period will be the way I go if possible.

I wonder if they’ll release a whole season at once, like Netflix does with a lot of them, or if they’ll release episodes weekly or periodically.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also posted about this a while back, with interest in checking it out!

How did I miss that?

Next thing I know, you’re going to tell me I posted about a dozen times in that thread, yet I don’t remember it. Getting old sucks.

To the bold... Amen!

The person who succeeds is not the one who holds back, fearing failure, nor the one who never fails-but the one who moves on in spite of failure.

Charles R. Swindoll

I really want to watch this, but I hate the idea of needing to pay $10 a month for another streaming service. I already have Netflix and Hulu. I just feel that having another one for just show is ludicrous.

I don't know how they plan to release this, e.g. all at once or over a period of time, but if all at once, you could just sign up for one month (or the free trial if you've never had it), watch it all in a month and then cancel. Or if it's over time, you could wait until they are all out, or close, and then sign up for a month.

Not that you haven't already considered that idea! :)

I do want to see this. I'm interested to see how the interactions are going to change or be the same between Johnny and Daniel. We were considering getting YouTubeTV, which comes with YouTubeRed, but it isn't available in our area for some reason, so I don't know if or when I'll get to see it.

• 4 weeks later...

Macchio and Zabka were apparently at my organization’s honbu (headquarters) dojo for a photo shoot. No idea about any specifics. I don’t have Facebook, but a classmate showed us all the post tonight before class. We had a few good jokes about it which carried over to class. A few “sweep the leg” and “no mercy” were said during sparring.

https://m.facebook.com/worldseidokaratehonbu/?__tn__=C-R

• 2 weeks later...

I saw episode 1 and 2. I think they are releasing them individually.

I have fond memories of the first Karate Kid so having it based on these two is a walk through memory lane. It's starting a bit slow for me.

Spoiler ALERT! If you haven't seen them read no further.

I love the twist of Johnny being the one to rough up the neighborhood punks and saving the nerd. He is however following in his teachers foot steps of strike first, Strike hard, No Mercy.

The other twist is Daniels kids hanging with the punks and Daniel actually defending them.

Should be interesting.

The person who succeeds is not the one who holds back, fearing failure, nor the one who never fails-but the one who moves on in spite of failure.

Charles R. Swindoll