• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

enbu

I think it went well, :lol: hair and all. The groin was fine.

Today I'm seeing photos showing up on social media, and they look pretty decent. I ended up doing self defense, kata, kihon, and basic kumite demonstrations along with my dojo mates. It went nicely, even some nervous beginners got up and did a very nice job despite some apparent nerves. I'm really glad for them. There were shouts from the crowd. I think everyone was in high spirits by mid-day and the weather was just perfect.

I promised myself I wouldn't spend too much money, but I caved and got myself assorted candies and teas, gyudon, takoyaki, yakitori with some Asahi, and a wall scroll for my kitchen with various sumo kimarite on it. Fail. What's a festival without crazy amounts of eat drink and fellow karateka though!?

(for those of you who may not know, I am a big fan of ozumo. Go Tochinoshin!)

"My work itself is my best signature."

-Kawai Kanjiro

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Maybe avoid this popular format:

Attacker makes it clear that he's about to attack, while also giving away massive clues as to the type of attack. All this from around least 10ft away. Attacker runs slowly forward with knife already out, or punch chambered etc. Defender touches attacker's wrist. Attacker takes a diverse and roll.

As long as you avoid that format, you should be OK.