• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Chang Hon TaeKwonDo schools without knee spring/sine wave?

Loads of groups in the UK who don't do sine wave but practice Chang Hon. Off the top of my head the biggest is probably TAGB (part of Taekwondo International under Grandmaster CK Choi).

So they don't even do knee spring? They teach classical hip twerk as originally taught in ITF?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Loads of groups in the UK who don't do sine wave but practice Chang Hon. Off the top of my head the biggest is probably TAGB (part of Taekwondo International under Grandmaster CK Choi).

So they don't even do knee spring? They teach classical hip twerk as originally taught in ITF?

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

GM Young Ik Suh's form of TKD doesn't teach the sine wave. Of which, I'm very thankful for.

The practice of the sine wave, especially the overly executed sine wave drives me dizzy. Are we on a carousel now??

Shindokan teaches, and this is our way, that the sine wave kills the power at the apex curve (the very absolute top of the power curve). Many styles of the MA shy away from the sine wave; so, there must be something in that!!

:)

You do find it elsewhere though. Just not by the same name. e.g. Jack Dempsey's Falling Step in boxing

Jack dempseys fallit step is not sine wave. And to those Sine wave supporters like yourself claiming that it has been exaggerated in recent time, check out general chois own demonstrations of it on youtube. He is rocking up and down as if its the Titanic. Extremely bouncy instructional.

Can I ask why you train ITF then if you don't like it? Maybe a different style might be more suitable?

GM Young Ik Suh's form of TKD doesn't teach the sine wave. Of which, I'm very thankful for.

The practice of the sine wave, especially the overly executed sine wave drives me dizzy. Are we on a carousel now??

Shindokan teaches, and this is our way, that the sine wave kills the power at the apex curve (the very absolute top of the power curve). Many styles of the MA shy away from the sine wave; so, there must be something in that!!

:)

You do find it elsewhere though. Just not by the same name. e.g. Jack Dempsey's Falling Step in boxing

Jack dempseys fallit step is not sine wave. And to those Sine wave supporters like yourself claiming that it has been exaggerated in recent time, check out general chois own demonstrations of it on youtube. He is rocking up and down as if its the Titanic. Extremely bouncy instructional.

Can I ask why you train ITF then if you don't like it? Maybe a different style might be more suitable?

I like everything about it except sine wave.

That's how we do it. More Karate-like in my dojang.

So why don't the TAGB do sine wave? Didn't they form a federation post knee spring (SW precursor)?

They split away in 1983. Pre-sine wave, post-knee spring.

• 1 month later...
So why don't the TAGB do sine wave? Didn't they form a federation post knee spring (SW precursor)?

But they still don't even do knee spring.

If the instructors they had early on were from the early days of TKD before General Choi tinkered with the "Karate" he was actually teaching, then the probably just used more of the hip rotation than knee spring. That's just me spit balling, but that could be part of the influence.

But they still don't even do knee spring.

If the instructors they had early on were from the early days of TKD before General Choi tinkered with the "Karate" he was actually teaching, then the probably just used more of the hip rotation than knee spring. That's just me spit balling, but that could be part of the influence.

If their instructors were ITF:s then they most likely made the shift. Not 100% some obscure schools stuck with old school hip twist.