• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Body Types

There has been a person contacting me for some time and I am helping him trying to find an art for the following preferences.

Mediun height, Stocky build.

Long range fighter.

Stand up fighter.

The guy is laos interested in the animal styles. I told him to do with tiger style if he was going to do an animal style. I then told him it would be best to do shotokan.

Anymore advice?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Tiger's a good choice for him, but it'd be more in close activity. He'd probably do quite well with a Crane style if he likes the range.

Mediun height, Stocky build.

Crane is typically not conducive to a stalky build.

• 3 weeks later...
Shotokan can fit about any body style. It has things for big and small men or women.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Hmm your range is usually a product of your built. Medium Height Stocky guy? Your range is going to be limited. My old Sifu tried to teach this 5'1 stocky mexican dude Shaolin Long Fist... Yah, didn't work out very well, it looked comical even.

I would say, Choy Li Fut. Choy Li Fut has some of the best Tiger forms, and good Schools will arm you with what your body can do best. You'll probably get a nice mixture of short and long with Choy Li Fut. And true Southern Martial Artists are powerfully build individuals anyways.

I own you.