• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TMA combat orented? no way doing hours of forms and stance work is combative.

I REALLY think a lot of you miss the point of forms. Forms don't teach you how to fight. They are simply ways of organizing self defense techniques in a pattern that is easy to remember and transfer to a student.

When I go through a form, I imagine each and every attack those forms are meant to be defending and countering against. I even try them out in our sparring drills, they work very well. Not sure why I usually find traditional arts being badmouthed. There is no bad art, only bad artists.

36 styles of danger

Greetings,

Im currently training to compete in the UFC. I was wondering what a Martial Artists view about the UFC would be. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Where ever there are rules for fighting, there is always that nagging doubt... what if it was a real fight will no rules?

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

you can always put that shoe on the other foot:

If I am training in a style where we are learning lethal techniques, but due to their nature, I can't practice them at full force, will I be able to use them effectively on the street?

I think only learning lethal techniques is useless unless that's your job (hitman). Otherwise most MA's teach both as far as I understand. The difference is the way we are taught is to know both ways of doing things so that you have options. If you don't practice them at all you won't know when they can be used against you. So it's better to know them than not to know them. Lethal means deadly right?

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

I think only learning lethal techniques is useless unless that's your job (hitman). Otherwise most MA's teach both as far as I understand. The difference is the way we are taught is to know both ways of doing things so that you have options. If you don't practice them at all you won't know when they can be used against you. So it's better to know them than not to know them. Lethal means deadly right?

can you give me an example of a lethal technique?

can you give me an example of a lethal technique?

besides chokes

There are a few ways to do neck breaks. One is basically a standing RNC where their head is kept very close to your chest and you drop your weight straight down while applying the choke so to crank the head forward sheering the cervical spine. The other is a traditional neck break where you twist the persons head to break the neck. Then there are countless ways to set someone up for a knife hand to the trachea. Other ways include throws that cause the person to land on the top part of their head which could break the but will split the skull if on hard surface. Also there are a multitude of lethal techniques with weapons.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

There are a few ways to do neck breaks. One is basically a standing RNC where their head is kept very close to your chest and you drop your weight straight down while applying the choke so to crank the head forward sheering the cervical spine. The other is a traditional neck break where you twist the persons head to break the neck. Then there are countless ways to set someone up for a knife hand to the trachea. Other ways include throws that cause the person to land on the top part of their head which could break the but will split the skull if on hard surface. Also there are a multitude of lethal techniques with weapons.
So basically your saying that taking a neck crank beyond the point of submission is a lethal technique? Well then why not just take a choke beyond the point of pass-out and you'll get the same effect. And throwing someone of their head? You mean like a supplex? Yeha sure they can be fatal, but it's not like you can just pull it whenever you want. I bet 9/10 it wouldn't kill the guy. Why can't we just agree that randori is the best way to train but you should also study the more "fatal" techniques in case you ever need to use them.

Peace and may God be with you...

Deus Ex Remake