• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New House!!?

singularity6

We are moving forward on the house. Purchase agreement has been signed... Just waiting on the bank!

There will be plenty of space for me to practice my forms and hang a heavy bag. Unfortunately the basement ceiling is quite low, so probably no jumping kicks for me.

5th Geup Jidokwan Tae Kwon Do/Hap Ki Do

(Never officially tested in aikido, iaido or kendo)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for you!

"Those who know don't talk. Those who talk don't know." ~ Lao-tzu, Tao Te Ching

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano

I’ll hold my congratulations until it’s all a done deal so I don’t jinx anything :)

If the basement ceiling is low, make sure a hanging bag will work out before you buy one. You have to account for the chains. I could technically fit a 6ft Muay Thai bag in my basement, but I’d be punching about 2 inches below the very top of the bag. I found that out by calling Outslayer and getting exact measurements, them making a mock-up version with blankets and twine. Return shipping on a 150 lb bag wouldn’t have been cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

We closed on it! The move-in process has already begun. Exciting times!

I finally have a spot that's (barely) big enough to do forms.

5th Geup Jidokwan Tae Kwon Do/Hap Ki Do

(Never officially tested in aikido, iaido or kendo)

Congrats, singlularity6; feels good, I bet!! I can now see it...house chosen based on MA needs, and why not, I'd do that too!! :P

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I agree with buying a house to suit MA needs. Or any other for that matter. My basement will include a small dojo/workout area.

"Those who know don't talk. Those who talk don't know." ~ Lao-tzu, Tao Te Ching

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano