• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Knees from the clinch

In my experience, with or without the clinch, the knees get the job done. The clinch is mainly a defensive tech. Knees and elbows follow cuz thats the range your at. But in a street fight, while BOTH of his hands are clinched around your neck you just have to go to his eyes or groin with your two free hands, hopefully you beat the knee.

Kai Sai Wing Chun Kung Fu, JKD, Brazilian/Dan Zan Ryu Jujitsu, Chinese Hawiian Kempo, Pressure Point/Nerve/Cavity striking, and Tai Chi.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you know how to use the clinch great, if you don't and you get there your in trouble, but im pretty sure most martial arts do clinch training or in other words close quarter combatives

"When we go to the ground,you are in my world, the ground is the ocean, I am the shark,

and most people don't even know how to swim"

• 4 weeks later...

I like to get in close, but I avoid tieing up my weapons in a clinch. In close weapons are awesome; knees, elbows, ridge hnads, forearms, insteps, head... everything is a weapon in close, including your stance.

Knee strikes are effective, and the groin and abdomen are obvious targets. But don't forget about attacking his base. A god hard knee strike to his quadricep can seriously compromise his foundation. If you have a good leg check in place, it is sometimes possible to roll up your stance and buckle his knee.

Freedom isn't free!

Knee from Clinch. :D

If doing sparring under Sanda rule,

I would sweep other' leg if control

by opponent' neck wrestling.

I would probably block the knee

with both hands and take the

chance to sweep his balancing leg.

Of course, my forearm can bear

only 2 to 3 knee even I do

some Wing Chun to strengthen them. :)

Besides competition, I usually would not

do that. Too dangerous.

From sparring with my friend,

they have their way to tackle

neck wrestling and then body slam.

:) He is doing Baji Fist.

If in real fight, I would prefer a combo

of Thai low kick to Knee kick without clinch.

Step back and keep puching.

Darkness grants me pair of dark black eye,

Yet I determine to look for Brightness

I wouldn't clinch for the groin factor... Knee yes, but not a silly clinch like u see in Thai fights. Say you were coming in off a jab and faked a cross to his face, grabbing him somewhere n then driving a knee into his stomach (just as easy)... he's bent over so now you would put a downward elbow into the back of his head to drop him... If u somehow get into a clinch situation you should go side-on and use a leg-roll, or reverse hip-throw to get him on the ground and either stomp him or mount and pummel... much much MUCH better than clinching.

fskarateoz :karate:

I'm a pretty straight forward guy, and people often tell me that i remind them of someone they once met... Although not necessarily face to face...

i have nothing against kneeing in a clinch if its best for the situation but i prefer shin's and elbows. if your clinched, sometimes its best to try to control your opponents head.

I'm the same way,I also don't have a problem with clinching,but I'd also rather use my elbows if that close to the person.

Well since Thai fighters do clinching and knees,I would use it if the situation calls for it,however I'd rather be able to keep my opponent at distance then have to get that close.In a real situation,I'd rather take his knees out or at least sweep his feet.

Of course this isn't always possible,so at times I'd probably do jabs,right cross,and if person throws a kick avoid it and then shoot in to get the clinch and start using knees or shoot in and flip him to ground and continue to wrestle from there.

Grabbing a shirt in a fight is stupid,what if the shirt rips?Then he can get a hold of you.I'd rather grab the actual person then the shirt on him.Besides if you grab the person when in close quarters,you have better control of the situation,then if you grab any piece of clothing.

If I want to use his clothing to fight then I'd only use his shirt to pull over his head so he can't see what is coming,but will definitely feel it.From there I could knee,upper cut,choke etc.