• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wisdom vs Knowledge

Alan Armstrong

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Both!!

Knowledge is paramount to a MAist, imho!! Knowledge can't be without wisdom, and wisdom can't be without knowledge; they're quite dependent upon one another.

My students are learning from my knowledge THROUGH my wisdom, as well, in which I encourage them to seek their own knowledge through their own wisdom...AS IT'S ACQUIRED.

For me, saying Knowledge VS Wisdom, is setting them against one another, and in a way that seems to require one to chose one over another. This to me is counterproductive!! Both are necessary for balance.

We each, in our own way, acquire knowledge and wisdom differently. Some get their Aha moments faster than others, and some take much longer for the light bulb to come on. At least their both getting it, and that's important.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Hmmm... That's almost like asking someone if they prefer to be not hungry, or not thirsty.

5th Geup Jidokwan Tae Kwon Do/Hap Ki Do

(Never officially tested in aikido, iaido or kendo)

Hmmm... That's almost like asking someone if they prefer to be not hungry, or not thirsty.

Now THAT, right there, is a very good answer!!

:wave:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

If a person is full of wisdom is there no thirst for knowledge?

If a person is full of knowledge is there no need of food for thought?

Wise people do wise things no out of having an abundance knowledge as there are plenty of ignorant knowledgeable people around to be had.

Wise choices and educated guesses are different depending on your understanding of the two.

Ignorance and knowledge is forever changing but stays the same, the wise know this from observing and experience.

Without knowledge, there is no wisdom. All wise people are knowledgeable, yet I know plenty of knowledgeable people who aren’t very wise at all.

Wisdom is the appropriate application of knowledge.

• 3 months later...

Every day, the clever gains some knowledge. Every day, the wise man gives up some certainty. Maybe.

I don't know who originally wrote or Saudi that. It's just one of the many nuggets of wisdom imparted to us by the narrator of the classic 80s TV series, Monkey.

Knowledge is just information. Wisdom is understanding what should or must be done with it in any given case. This is the reason why wisdom is not as common as knowledge. Knowledge can be learned through study, but wisdom can only come from experience. The two qualities complement and complete eachother.

Without knowledge, there is no wisdom. All wise people are knowledgeable, yet I know plenty of knowledgeable people who aren’t very wise at all.

Wisdom is the appropriate application of knowledge.

Well said!

The person who succeeds is not the one who holds back, fearing failure, nor the one who never fails-but the one who moves on in spite of failure.

Charles R. Swindoll