• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The martial arts support network

A young martial artist we know was hit by a drunk driver this past Friday night. She has literally been fighting for life with multiple breaks to the back, face, pelvis, and leg. She lives in another state than we do, but she is still a friend, teammate, and training partner to my son.

My post is here to put into words how wonderful her martial arts family is and I am proud to be a part of it. We are all states and countries away, but have come together to support her and her family through various means. It's been amazing to watch.

We get caught up too often about which style or organization is best, who should or shouldn't be a black belt, sport vs tradition, etc, etc. But it's times like this that reminds one of the connection the arts brings to each of us.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thank you for this post. I hope that she gets better soon so that she can get right back at it. You're right, as divisive as MA can be, it's also a great tool for people to come together and make connections with one another.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

That's tragic. :-(

I hope this young lady has a full and speedy recovery!

Thank you for the thoughtful post.

5th Geup Jidokwan Tae Kwon Do/Hap Ki Do

(Never officially tested in aikido, iaido or kendo)

When one hurts, we all hurt; the MA is that one big supportive family.

This young lady, and her family, will be in my prayers!! I too wish her a speedy recovery!!

Hopefully the police caught this drunk driver!!

:o

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I wish her the best and pray for a speedy recovery.

The person who succeeds is not the one who holds back, fearing failure, nor the one who never fails-but the one who moves on in spite of failure.

Charles R. Swindoll

Thanks all. The driver that was under the influence was arrested at the scene with several charges pressed against him. This was his THIRD offense!

She is still in the trauma center, but has made some slight progress. Her mom has posted that sometimes when she is awake she is trying to practice her blocks though she is restrained to the bed. And has made comments about needing to get to class.

Thanks all. The driver that was under the influence was arrested at the scene with several charges pressed against him. This was his THIRD offense!

She is still in the trauma center, but has made some slight progress. Her mom has posted that sometimes when she is awake she is trying to practice her blocks though she is restrained to the bed. And has made comments about needing to get to class.

Thank you, skullsplitter, for the update. Glad that progress is being made by her. Once a MAist, always a MAist, and it's deeply moved me how she still wants to train and get to class..very admirable!!

She and her family remain in my prayers!!

:bowofrespect:

**Proof is on the floor!!!