• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Keyboard Warrior

"Keyboard warrior" A new age term, that describes; what do you think?

For me it could mean a few things.

One idea is, someone that practices conflict on line with others.

Another idea, as a person that plays warrior games online.

Perhaps, also martial artists that have no real dojo martial art experience, except what they have learned on the internet.

Now it is possible via the internet, to have private martial art lesson.

What does a "Keyboard Warrior" mean to you?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typically that term is used across the board for people who talk tough over the internet. People that are disrespectful and inflammatory through text.

Example:

Daniel son says "I dont want any trouble, it's just the internet."

Johnny says "too bad punk, I'll send you home on a body bag."

A "keyboard warrior"!

Hustle and hard work are a substitute for talent!

I don't think tough talk is required for a keyboard warrior. I've always interpreted the term as a very opinionated person who spends a lot of time sharing their thoughts online (social media, comments sections, forums, etc.) They may or may not be aggressive in their approach, but they do tend to be rather verbose.

5th Geup Jidokwan Tae Kwon Do/Hap Ki Do

(Never officially tested in aikido, iaido or kendo)

The expression can be construed much the same way as "armchair" general. In which case it means someone who has or appears to have much theoretical knowledge, but little to no experience applying it.

The second and perhaps most common defenition is a person who is very prolific poster online, but at the same time appears to exaggerate or flaunt knowledge and skills with outrageous claims that are difficult or impossible to corroborate.

Where KarateForums is concerned, a "Keyboard Warrior" is someone who has absolutely no MA experience whatsoever, or very little, and pawning it off as it's something.

Hard to nail someone like that because they are well read and cover their tracks.

I might suspect one being such, but one can wallpaper an entire house with suppose and/or suspect.

Two people I can't stand...thief's and liar's!! I don't want them near me...EVER!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

A newspaper reporter seeking the truth, fighting to publish the truth, can also be considered a "keyboard warrior"

I think you're missing something on this one... A keyboard warrior isn't exactly a title someone seeks.

5th Geup Jidokwan Tae Kwon Do/Hap Ki Do

(Never officially tested in aikido, iaido or kendo)