• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Just started Karate Kyokushinkai

drk94

Hello guys!

I choose Kyokushinkai for the harder conditioning and full body contact, i started one week ago and so far it has been devastating for mind and body, the training and the conditioning is so hard that after a lesson i can barely move, but it feels good, i feel like im doing the right thing and i'm improving my (weak) body.

When i first entered the dojo i thought i was gonna be alright cause of 1 year of gym experience, boy i was wrong... after roughly 30min i had to stop and sit down, i was completely out, couldn't do anything even tho the other members were encouraging me to keep up, i just had to halt and sit down!

The thing that most impressed me was the condition of the guys in there, even low belts like blue belt (i know its not that low but still) were so fast and so strong.

sorry for the wall of text and broken english!

if you have any advices for a new starter i would appreciate it !

OSU!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Listen!! Don't talk!! Learn!! Be that sponge!! Practice correctly until the wheels fall off, and then some!! Ask questions respectfully!! Follow the Kun!! Be patient!! Seek knowledge and experience; NOT RANK!! Remember, you'll not pass every Testing Cycle, no matter what!! Your CI is the final authority!!

None of these are in any particular order, nor is it a complete list, either!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Listen!! Don't talk!! Learn!! Be that sponge!! Practice correctly until the wheels fall off, and then some!! Ask questions respectfully!! Follow the Kun!! Be patient!! Seek knowledge and experience; NOT RANK!! Remember, you'll not pass every Testing Cycle, no matter what!! Your CI is the final authority!!

None of these are in any particular order, nor is it a complete list, either!!

thank you Sensei! i will mark those words

just had my first round of kumite yesterday with a brown (almost black) belt, he was very patient and explained me alot of things to take in consideration during a spar/fight, really cool guy :)

he sent me ko twice but i don't mind really, it strengthens the body!

OSU

Many obstacles pave the road of ones MA journey, this is to be for sure. You're experiencing things that you've never experienced before...you just have to love it!!

Hang in there...train hard...train well!!

**Proof is on the floor!!!

The advice I give most often to new students: white belt is the hardest rank IMO. EVERYTHING is new, and there's very, very little point of reference to draw from. Once you start moving up in rank, you can say "that movement is similar to X, only you do this instead." An example is kata. Taikyoku 1 was the hardest kata for me to learn. After I had that one memorized and felt comfortable with it, the katas that followed it could be viewed as variations of it, like instead of low block, do an inside-out block; instead of middle punch, do a high punch; instead of forward leaning stance, do a backward leaning stance, etc.

• 2 weeks later...