• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Way of Least Resistance

How important is the way or path of least resistance to you.

This idea is important to martial artists and equally so to none maists.

Water takes the path of least resistance; as Bruce Lee liked to say: "Be like water my friend"

Yielding and resistance training, are you using this to your advantage when in combat?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Within Yin/Yang one cannot discount the other, the "least" is tied to the "most"

Attacking and defending.

Holding on and letting go.

Pushing and pulling.

Picking up and putting down.

While training or in combat: using the path of most resistance is just as important as using the path for the least; the art is knowing when.

Art is knowing when to stop painting or sculpturing, as overdoing can be just as bad as under doing.

The art of war is knowing when and when not to fight.

Yielding doesn't mean retreating, these are two different things.

Advancing doesn't mean attacking, these are two different things.

THE ART OF WAR, is as good as any other place to start understanding the when's and when not's.

https://archive.org/details/TheArtOfWarBySunTzu

I personally feel like many people in BJJ do not truly understand this concept.

A tip from BJJ; how do you know when you are using more strength than you should be?

This is why applying techniques properly (is less tiring for yourself and is very tiring for the opponent) the right way by truly understanding about the pathways of none resistance and using them to the increase your chances of winning any fight.

I'm not going to comment on the aikido and systema videos as I've nothing good to say about them and everything bad....

So BJJ...

Bernando Faria is a talented individual, but hes also a heavyweight. I also happen to think his statement isn't correct. Its not wrong per se, but not right either.

How do you know you're using too much strength when you're doing jiu jitsu? The more you're holding your opponent and the less they're able to move the more you're using strength... assuming your partner knows how to move.

I'm not going to comment on the aikido and systema videos as I've nothing good to say about them and everything bad....

So BJJ...

Bernando Faria is a talented individual, but hes also a heavyweight. I also happen to think his statement isn't correct. Its not wrong per se, but not right either.

How do you know you're using too much strength when you're doing jiu jitsu? The more you're holding your opponent and the less they're able to move the more you're using strength... assuming your partner knows how to move.

But... BJJ is just people trying to wrestle in a karate gi! :-P

5th Geup Jidokwan Tae Kwon Do/Hap Ki Do

(Never officially tested in aikido, iaido or kendo)

The path of most resistance, is just as important as the path of the least.

Knowing how to use one or the other makes for a formidable opponent.

Skilled in both makes for a winning combination.

Mastering both is knowing where they devide.

The genius simply forgets they exist.