• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hobbyists maists vs Professional fighters

That last sentence -" is it proper....."

To me, MA is an enigma. You get better and better and doing something you try harder and harder to avoid..... using you body to destroy someone else's

As for the pros - cool job, amazing athletes, fantastic entertainment. Love watching 'em, have mad respect for their abilities and wish I could spend my life focussing on training BUT my training would encompass more (firearms, impact weapons, stealth, concealment, etc) which means I would probably never attain the level they do by only focussing on ONE ASPECT OF MA. I capitalized that because it sums up my take on the situation. I told my wife - if this salt shaker was MMA, this table and everything on it, including that salt shaker would be "Martial Arts". This is just one ape's opinion but (to me) MA is the perfection of self and, because perfect is for God alone, it is about the process not the (unattainable) goal. MA is about being an honorable warrior. It is your combat prowess as well as the way you interact with others, the way you address issues and obstacles in areas of your life that seem unrelated to fighting. Pro fighting is, well.... people being paid to fight each other.

"I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine." ~ Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt