• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Preserving Jeet Kune Do or let it die?

While Bruce most assuredly passed away, JKD remains, and as long as there's interest in JKD, it will live on far much longer than most, if not all, of us here. Whether one likes it or not. JKD is the creation of Bruce Lee, and Bruce's iconic status will fuel the fire in the countless bellies of MAists concerning JKD forever and a day.

Imho!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JKD cannot die, due to being always allowed to be reborn, transform or adapt, whenever needed or possible.

As long as martial artists are seeking the truth and freedom of expression, then JKD will be with them every step of the way.

To the bold type above...

Every step of the way??

E-V-E-R-Y...S-T-E-P?!?!

That's going to be quite a large order to fulfill. And to me, JKD isn't that important, past, present, and/or future, enough for me to include JKD into my MA betterment. After all, my core is Shindokan, and not one iota of JKD is found in Shindokan, nor do I want/need JKD to be so.

I can do with or without the influences of JKD in any aspect of my MA betterment, and live a satisfied MA existence.

JKD is effective!! But to me, it's not the end-of-all things in the MA, and quite frankly, neither is any style of the MA.

JKD, to me, is just another thing; nothing more and nothing less.

JKD cannot die, due to being always allowed to be reborn, transform or adapt, whenever needed or possible.

As long as martial artists are seeking the truth and freedom of expression, then JKD will be with them every step of the way.

To the bold type above...

Every step of the way??

E-V-E-R-Y...S-T-E-P?!?!

That's going to be quite a large order to fulfill. And to me, JKD isn't that important, past, present, and/or future, enough for me to include JKD into my MA betterment. After all, my core is Shindokan, and not one iota of JKD is found in Shindokan, nor do I want/need JKD to be so.

I can do with or without the influences of JKD in any aspect of my MA betterment, and live a satisfied MA existence.

JKD is effective!! But to me, it's not the end-of-all things in the MA, and quite frankly, neither is any style of the MA.

JKD, to me, is just another thing; nothing more and nothing less.

The difference between a karate punch and a JKD punch.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Aiy8bBVF0qE

What is Shindokan?

What is JKD?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lzikg6TWyJk

What is Shindokan?

Your link is titled Shindokan, HOWEVER, the style in that video is Shidokan!!

As far as the other video links, well, Bruce has the right for his opinion, and so do I, and so does everyone else.

This is, or possibly should be, what every MA feels, I know I do...

"Before I learned the art, a punch was just a punch, and a kick, just a kick. After I learned the art, a punch was no longer a punch, a kick, no longer a kick. Now that I understand the art, a punch is just a punch and a kick is just a kick."-- Bruce Lee

My every step isn't focused upon any particular style and/or way because of their own limitations, but moreover, my every step is focused towards me improving my MA betterment, however I can.

Edited by sensei8

The thing here is that once you pass some knowledge onto someone, you can't take it away from them. So sure, he can order schools closed or whatever, but he can't make someone not teach something he taught them to someone else. It just can't be done. So, he teaches people, then they teach people, and so on, and JKD lives on.