• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Male vs Female UFC Fights

Female UFC fighters, like it or not; they are here to stay.

Is this fair to say, is ths correct?

They are here to stay and I like it.

Eventually with equality and diversity men and women, will be fighting each other in the octagon, in the distant future; it's just a matter of time.

Is this fair to say, is this correct?

I disagree. There may be very rare occassions where a woman who is particularly genetically gifted may fight a man but it won't ever be the norm and imo will never be more than a curio.

Will you be for or against men and women fighting each other in the octagon?

Is this fair to say, is this correct?

I will be against it on the basis that, to make it work, a male ufc fighter would have to operate under a handicap of some sort to level the playing field. I don't see the point of it. It's patronising for the female fighter and for either outcome the victory would be tainted.

When a fighter from a lower division moves up for a fight they do it at a disadvantage but the rules aren't altered to suit the challenger. If there are no concessions made for the female fighter there is no competition for all the reasons I've already discussed in this thread.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The video of the prank, with the female pro, was amazing! I shared it with a couple friends. Good find! However, it does not sway my opinion. In fact, I wish that girl from the video was here. We could ask her - would you like a title fight with a male, in your weight class, who has a record comparable to yours? The same years of training as you?

Think she would be interested? What if she had a career riding on that fight (pros kinda do, the more they lose, the less marketable they are). Obviously, I can not speak for her (inappropriate AND she might beat me up) but I'd guess she rather compete with women.

"I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine." ~ Bruce Lee