• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Normal vs Outstanding

Are you a normal martial artist or do you have higher aspersions?

No one will think any less of you for being a normal martial artist.

To be outstanding in anything requires a mindset very different than the norm, in martial arts, being different is just the beginning.

Being an outstanding martial artist requires, virtues, originality and a clear goal to aim for; then direct your efforts towards achieving it.

The world welcomes outstanding this is normal.

If your workouts are outstanding then you are at least headed in the right direction.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

As much as I know I am not normal, I would say I am normal.

"Those who know don't talk. Those who talk don't know." ~ Lao-tzu, Tao Te Ching

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano

As much as I know I am not normal, I would say I am normal.
Normal is as normal does.

To be normal or outstanding is a choice.

Outstanding knows no limits.

Normal follows patterns of normality.

Outstanding stands outside of normals boundaries.

The outstandings of today will be the normalizations of tomorrow, therefore to outsmart normal, visualize yourself outstanding as a way of being, thereby overtaking normal in every possible way.

I'm as normal as the day is long, who has aspersions, just like others.

I put on my gi like everyone else. I train like everyone else. I tie my obi like everyone else. So on and so forth...like everyone else.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I put on my gi like everyone else. I train like everyone else. I tie my obi like everyone else. So on and so forth...like everyone else.

Perhaps you can fool most of the people, most of the time sensei8, but who can write 12566 comments on martial arts and not be considered anything but outstanding.

Perhaps you can fool most of the people, most of the time sensei8, but who can write 12566 comments on martial arts and not be considered anything but outstanding.

I appreciate that; thank you, Alan!!

:bowofrespect:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

A normal martial artist will hone their craft. They will learn the techniques, forms and culture of their martial art (or even multiple arts.) They may even make great teachers.

A great martial artist will make new connections in their craft. Perhaps they will create new ways of teaching difficult techniques.

The best martial artist will make connections between the connections. They will break down the barriers between different martial arts and treat them all as one (think: Bruce Lee.)

I'm pretty new at my Martial Arts journey, but I suspect I'm pretty normal.

5th Geup Jidokwan Tae Kwon Do/Hap Ki Do

(Never officially tested in aikido, iaido or kendo)

I'm not a talented natural athlete, so in that, I'd say I'm pretty normal. Especially as I get older, and the body doesn't respond as well as it once did.

Never settle for normal.

I have a pull up bar situated on the top of my bathroom door frame and attched to that two very strong resistance bands that I pull on when nature calls.

This is not normal behavior when sitting on a toilet; perhaps your next opponent isn't normal either.

Prepare yourself against outstanding opponents unless you believe that they will all be categorized as normal.

What does normal even mean? If it's just someone who shows up to class does their training and go home again, I don't think any of us are normal. We're all on an internet forum talking about this stuff after all.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius