• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Reading.

Freestyler

Who here reads ?

I'm attempting to get back into reading since I no longer belive reading is not 'cool'. Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body! I have a *massive* 'to read' list which I won't be finishing anytime soon. It'd be good if people could list any good books they've read and why they liked them!

I'll list a couple :

April Fools' Day by Bryce Courtney - wow, this book is so moving & touching. You really feel the author's pain. It's fascinating, yet tragic.

The last victim by Jason Moss - supposedly you get an insight into the mind of serial killers like John Gacey. But, I think the approach taken in writing the book is wrong, the author talks too much about himself and his life which I didn't find too interesting. I was more interested in the serial killers. Still, I wouldn't say not to read it.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the best Sci-Fi/Comedy you will ever read: "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams. Most book stores have the anthology (the series is 5 books long) in a friendly blue book.

Just remember: Don't Panic.

;)

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

lorenzo carcaterra is one of my favourite authers, he wrote gangsters and sleepers (this is his tragic biography) they are both well worth reading.

The Beach by Alex Garland. might have to be my all time favourite book.

I read a lot, whatever is laying around my house and room. From movies to books.

Been reading a lot of tech related books lately as well.

Im re-reading "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu for the third time. His insights are fascinating. He is really in touch with what war should be like, and what a truly powerful and intellectual master is.

"Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make" -Bruce Leehttp://www.myvidtodvd.com/mysmilies/otn/other/leseratte.gif

http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/contrib/xerx/smileystooges.gif

Right now Im reading Star Wars: The Approaching Storm by Alan Dean Foster. I LOVE IT! It tells what happened between Episode I and II. After that im planning on reading The Hobbit, and Lord Of The Rings (I have a feeling Im getting the full book for Christmas). Then my reading will be mostly computer books. Oh yes. *puts on big thick glasses and adjusts my pocket protector* hahahaha But wait... after that.. AUTO REPAIR. WEEEEEEEEEE! Yeah... Im nuts.

I read a lot but nothing important. LOL

I read most MA books I can get my hards on but I don't read them in order. LOL. I may read Ch 6 first and Ch 2 next. I just skim and read I guess.

I love reading History textbooks. Im not much for novels I just want you to tell me what went on. LOL

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."