• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Body language while fighting

Body language while fighting can convey confidence or shows inadequacies.

Eye contact is another way to show that you are a confident fighter as the opponent looks away at your stare.

Body language needs to be understood and mastered as it is also a tool.

Body language can be categorized in to the fight or flight syndrome.

Your body language in movements can show the opponent how superior your fighting skills are compared to theirs.

I have had confrontations where the opponent has ripped his shirt off, in thinking that being muscular would be enough to intimidate or frighten me; my response is never what they expect.

How is your fighting body language skills, excellent, good, bad or just needs some work?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Body language and the understanding of it, speaks in volumes as to what's easily taken for granted. Many MAist forget the importance of body language. From recognizing those tale tale signs appropriately to those not so easily recognized signs that are often overlooked until it's to late.

Reading the opponents body language effectively can save one from a myriad of situations. Intercepting ones proposed intentions can become quite tricky if one's not even a minimum of an idea as to what to look for.

My understanding of body language is excellent, imho, and I suppose that that's what's to be expected after 5 decades of the MA.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I sparred with my friend downstate. His school teaches tournament sparring, while we learn "street sparring." He watches my body and feet, while I'm looking at his eyes the whole time. Apparently he found that intimidating! I never thought of myself as one to intimidate anyone. =/

5th Geup Jidokwan Tae Kwon Do/Hap Ki Do

(Never officially tested in aikido, iaido or kendo)

I sparred with my friend downstate. His school teaches tournament sparring, while we learn "street sparring." He watches my body and feet, while I'm looking at his eyes the whole time. Apparently he found that intimidating! I never thought of myself as one to intimidate anyone. =/
Not only look in to their eyes, strike them every time they blink.

Eventually they will figure it out and not blink and if they do blink and you decide not stike they will get confused or start looking away.

Now you know something more that intimidates them about then they know something about you, how intimidating you can be!

This is wearing down the opponent on another level, usually due to demoralizing or imposing your will against theirs.

I've heard varying opinions on looking at the eyes when fighting/sparring. Some say that the eyes can be used to fool someone into thinking you are moving one way, and then go another. Others prefer to look into the eyes.

I don't look into the eyes. I try to look at the body and see where everything is going.

I think the most important body language is that which you display when not in a fight. Having a confident demeanor can go a long way in preventing a fight from happening.

Not only look in to their eyes, strike them every time they blink.

Eventually they will figure it out and not blink and if they do blink and you decide not stike they will get confused or start looking away.

Now you know something more that intimidates them about then they know something about you, how intimidating you can be!

This is wearing down the opponent on another level, usually due to demoralizing or imposing your will against theirs.

Three views from Wing Chun

3 Things YOU MUST DO to Face Fear & Intimidation in a Fight | BUILD CONFIDENCE!

Street Fighting Psychology: WHY THIS KID LOST!!! 3 Body Language Cues for How to Fight and Win

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezjUQVFhZzM

3 Alpha HACKS That Make YOU Appear INVINCIBLE!