• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Talking while fighting

Talking while fighting; do you?

If you do talk while fighting, what do you say?

Talking while fighting can break the opponent's focus.

On the other hand, insulting words can actually give the opponent, more focused energy to beat you with, not a good idea, even if it seems like a good idea at the time.

Or perhaps you are the strong silent type and talking while fighting causes unnecessary distractions.

Personally I'm a talking fighter type.

I like the one liners such as "You had better get that broken nose looked at"

Response "What broken nose?"

Then let loose a sucker punch to the opponent's nose and say "That one!"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I suppose that I'm the silent one!! I've nothing to say to my opponent; it's just a distraction. One that I can do without. I allow my "work" to speak for itself. Imho, there's no good time to waste time by running my big fat mouth at the most inappropriate time(s).

This to me is counterproductive to Mizu No Kokoro [Mind like the water] and Tsuki No Kokoro [Mind like the moon] whereas, distractions ebb against what these two principles speak towards.

I've not the time, and/or the inclination to run my mouth while defending my family, friends, loved ones, and myself.

It's just not my cup of tea!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I talk. It is a habit. I continue to issue instructions when controlling a patient at work.

"Those who know don't talk. Those who talk don't know." ~ Lao-tzu, Tao Te Ching

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano

I talk. It is a habit. I continue to issue instructions when controlling a patient at work.
LEOs train to do this, too. Its necessary to continue to give verbal commands when controlling a suspect.

Otherwise, it just depends. If I'm sparring and instructing, I talk some. When I work the bag, I'll talk some, too, to try to work through being tired. It just depends on the situation.