• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Additional training

I have an invitation to train with some of the area Police Officers. They meet at another dojo about 50 minutes from me. I would probably attend 1-2 times a month even though the group meets every week. I would have to trade shifts as I normally work that time. No charge. That dojo lets the are police use the space. Many of the participants are Academy instructors and hold rankings in various arts.

LEO and Security only. I think we got invited because we work with them frequently at the hospital.

"Those who know don't talk. Those who talk don't know." ~ Lao-tzu, Tao Te Ching

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I have an invitation to train with some of the area Police Officers. They meet at another dojo about 50 minutes from me. I would probably attend 1-2 times a month even though the group meets every week. I would have to trade shifts as I normally work that time. No charge. That dojo lets the are police use the space. Many of the participants are Academy instructors and hold rankings in various arts.

LEO and Security only. I think we got invited because we work with them frequently at the hospital.

Sounds like a good opportunity.

The person who succeeds is not the one who holds back, fearing failure, nor the one who never fails-but the one who moves on in spite of failure.

Charles R. Swindoll

Excellent opportunity! Have fun!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

That is really nifty! Training options near me are limited. I'd like to find another school to visit from time to time, just for a different perspective.

5th Geup Jidokwan Tae Kwon Do/Hap Ki Do

(Never officially tested in aikido, iaido or kendo)

• 2 weeks later...