• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One would imagin that is what a night stick is for. :nod:

There is a problem with a night stick or baton as they are technically called. Night sticks are only carried at night. The typical baton that is carried by most large departments are one of two types. The first is the cokabolla, or wooden straight baton. The second is the pr-24 or tonfa type, usually made out of a heavy plastic. Both these designs are extremely heavy and I found not ideal for combat. I always felt that the arnis or kali stick were better suited for that. Most of the times officers would leave their batons in the car to reduce weight. The majority of the time I would carry my metal flashlight. It was smaller and more manuverable. Also I always thought that the truncheon carried by some Brittish police officers was better than the two baton designs carried here in the U.S.

As far as the whole drugged thing goes, all rules go out the window. I once saw a man who was high on angel dust get shot with a tazer gun. If you don't know what that is, it looks kind of like a flash light but it shoots two darts attached by wires. It then sends about 10,000 volts at a low amperage to the subject. This gentleman started squirming when he was hit with the juice. It wasn't because he was in any pain. He said he was being tickled. He then proceded to rip the darts out of his chest and go about his business. Halucinagenic drugs throw all the typical rules out the window.

I've seen a person with no drugs, and just for the purpose of a demo, have a hand-tazer applied to his arm and turned on. With it on he drew a pistol, chamberd, fired and hit a target with 3 rounds...

I've also seen everything from women to 12-year-old children corss a room after being sprayed with mace and mock-attack someone with a knife.

My faith in these weapon's ability to end a fight is low.

Thanks for the info on KM. I had agreed with your "agree to disagree" post (my later posts actually were in support of KM for a police art), but may talk with him.

Since I am more 'discussing" than "wondering", it's unlikely that I will go to another board for this discussion in particular.

• 2 months later...
if you are a police officer and want to train a system of m/a that best fits you ,i would train aikijujutsu or in my opinion,Hakko ryu jujutsu.I have trained many police officers in hakkoryu and my instructor is the sheriff in the county where i live.his rank is shihan and is a police defensive tatics instructor as well as pressure point control tactics as well.I am in school finishing up my associates degree in criminal justice and know how useful these techniques can be.in your proffession,pysical confrontations are a every day occurance and with videocameras out there any police officer is at risk of brutality law suits,the days of watchman style policeing are gone.train in hakkoryu for one year and you wont have to strike anyoneanymore to make them comply with your commands.it utilizes a certain kind of grip with the hand that when combined with some of the other techniques allows the assilant to be resrtrained without inflicting any damage at all.i always see the t.v show cops and i notice in some of the arresting scences that it takes three guys to cuff the perpand their all wrestling around trying to get this guys hand to cuff,its sensless for all of that to happen,not to mention dangerous.seriously,check around for info on hakkoryuor come to galesburg il somtime.

Why punch someone when their on the ground when you can just kick them