• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

WTF and ITF TKD will perform a joint demo at Seoul 2018

As a follow up to my previous post where I posted about the ITF North Korean Demonstration team performing at the WTF World Championships in South Korea, the two organisations have just announced that they will showcase a joint demonstration at the Seoul Winter Olympics 2018.

http://koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20170630000636&ntn=0#cb

The two countries are still technically at war so its great to see Taekwondo and Martial Arts helping to break down borders and foster cooperation.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
As a follow up to my previous post where I posted about the ITF North Korean Demonstration team performing at the WTF World Championships in South Korea, the two organisations have just announced that they will showcase a joint demonstration at the Seoul Winter Olympics 2018.

http://koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20170630000636&ntn=0#cb

The two countries are still technically at war so its great to see Taekwondo and Martial Arts helping to break down borders and foster cooperation.

That's good news, imho. Thanks for sharing that, Danielle!!

That temporary cease fire between those two organizations, if for only a moment, just might neutralize hostilities just enough to repair the bridge of separation as well as the much needed fence mending for the overall betterment of Korean MA; the future can be now, if they choose it to be so.

"One Taekwondo, One World" can begin to make that a reality, and not a far-fetched idea; and it begins with meetings and mutual agreements between these two powerhouses continuing both near and far forward!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

That temporary cease fire between those two organizations, if for only a moment, just might neutralize hostilities just enough to repair the bridge of separation as well as the much needed fence mending for the overall betterment of Korean MA; the future can be now, if they choose it to be so.

"One Taekwondo, One World" can begin to make that a reality, and not a far-fetched idea; and it begins with meetings and mutual agreements between these two powerhouses continuing both near and far forward!!

:)

To be fair they have been working quite closely over the past few years. Working towards allowing ITF competitors to compete in the Olympics. So I wouldn't say they are hostile.

The truth is it will never be one style. The two styles are like siblings, they share a past but are distinct from one another. But it's nice to see cooperation between the two federations.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius