• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Foot and hand timing in Kyokushin kihon

gronis

I'm 2nd kyu in Shotokan but have switched to kyokushin over the summer. Due to my previous karate experience they let me skip the beginners class so they don't explain the very basic stuff. Much is similar but I'm wondering if it's important to time the foot and hand to finish at the same time as it is in Shotokan while doing kihon with steps? I seem to have a hard time to manage that with kokutsu dachi and mawashi shuto uke. Am I supposed to?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Foot and hand work, imho, doesn't have to always start and end at the same time. Do whatever feels natural within any given situations because situations aren't always the same.

I must refer you back to your CI on this matter because the CI is the final authority.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Foot and hand work, imho, doesn't have to always start and end at the same time. Do whatever feels natural within any given situations because situations aren't always the same.

I must refer you back to your CI on this matter because the CI is the final authority.

:)

Sure, but there's usually a "correct" way written down somewhere. Not timing them is something that you would get corrected for in JKA Shotokan. Was wondering about if it's a thing in Kyokushin as well. It's very similar but at the same time different from Shotokan kihon