• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ok i'm having a bit of a problem with ankle/leg submissions. I'm pretty good with wrist locks head locks arm bars..everything other then the leg stuff. I've downloaded alot of videos and how-to's, but i just can't get them to work. My opponents say it hurts a little, but no where near tapping pain. So maybe you guys can help me out here, put in your 2-cents :) thanks

~BladeLee~

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Althought i'm a begginner in BJJ, i've heard that kneebars, and anklelocks are very dangerous because they don't have the same tolerance that with an arm for example, knees are very easy to injure, so i thinkthat if you try putting many strength to it, you can injure seriously your partner.

Anyway, i'd suggest you ask to your instructor if you are making the technique well

Good luck

Ok i'm having a bit of a problem with ankle/leg submissions. I'm pretty good with wrist locks head locks arm bars..everything other then the leg stuff. I've downloaded alot of videos and how-to's, but i just can't get them to work. My opponents say it hurts a little, but no where near tapping pain. So maybe you guys can help me out here, put in your 2-cents :) thanks

Valencia - Venezuela.

Well thats the thing :) i kinda teach myself other arts. I take from them the essence that makes for their effectivness. I do study TKD with an instructor :) but everything else i learn on my own. I read up on things, download how to's, videos...i have a few friends that train elsewhere and i train with them and learn from them. I have my ways :) but sometimes i get stuck in a little rut like this and thats where u guys come in hehe :) And im not worried about putting too much on the knee/leg, i can't get any pressure on em. thanks

~BladeLee~

Oh i see..

Well, i'll suggest you, look for some training partner that has any grappling experience (BJJ, Wrestling, or something..) so he can correct you.

Many times the technique can't work by little details of grip or something.

Well thats the thing :) i kinda teach myself other arts. I take from them the essence that makes for their effectivness. I do study TKD with an instructor :) but everything else i learn on my own. I read up on things, download how to's, videos...i have a few friends that train elsewhere and i train with them and learn from them. I have my ways :) but sometimes i get stuck in a little rut like this and thats where u guys come in hehe :) And im not worried about putting too much on the knee/leg, i can't get any pressure on em. thanks

Valencia - Venezuela.

I have nothing against self training. You can learn a lot on your own.

BUUUUUUT!!!!!

Be very careful with leg / ankle locks - one reason they aren't taught until brown belt in Brazil is that it is very difficult to feel the pressure fully before serious damage is done. Cartilage and ligaments get torn and then the pain sets in. With other areas the pain signals more clearly before the damage. That is not the case with leg locks. So please be incredibly careful.

One cannot choose to be passive without the option to be aggressive.

It's hard to make someone tap with a straight footlock, such as an achilles tendon lock - at a higher level, however if done properly this footlock is very strong. This is the most basic lock, and probably the one you're talking about. It has SO many details....it's a very intricate move that's hard to get without an instructor or a VERY good book or video. This lock HURTS when done properly! So does one other leg sub I can think of - the calf crush. The other two main leg locks - the straight kneebar and the "twisting" kneebar or HEEL HOOK as it is commonly known, DO NOT HURT UNTIL IT's TOO LATE! You will have hyperextended or popped your opponents knee - MAJOR DAMAGE/SURGERY ALERT before they tap out! If you are trying kneebars or heelhooks (playing around with their foot could cause this pressure on the knee), STOP! It's pretty much impossible to learn these kinds of techniques without someone teaching you.

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

Thanks :) even though it is hard to learn without an experienced partner, ill keep trying :) ive been successful all my other submissions so far with just alot of training so ;) who knows wish me luck heh. if you guys know of any more sites with good pics/video downloads of these submissions then thanks alot :) the ones i use alot are

bbjfighter.com

fighttraining.com

bjj.org

if u know of any others please post em :) thanks a ton!!!!!

~BladeLee~