• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Actors Who Also Practice Martial Arts

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 10 months later...

I have Renzo Gracie's Academy liked on my Facebook account. Apparently Anthony Bourdain (the celebrity chef) trained at his place before he committed suicide. I do not know for how long or what rank he held, or if he competed.

"Those who know don't talk. Those who talk don't know." ~ Lao-tzu, Tao Te Ching

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano

I have Renzo Gracie's Academy liked on my Facebook account. Apparently Anthony Bourdain (the celebrity chef) trained at his place before he committed suicide. I do not know for how long or what rank he held, or if he competed.

One recent article said he was a blue belt.

One recent article said he was a blue belt.

Cool.

"Those who know don't talk. Those who talk don't know." ~ Lao-tzu, Tao Te Ching

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano

• 1 month later...

Ed O'Neil who plays Al Bundy in married with children is a Black belt under the Gracie's.

Joe Rogan did TKD and Now Jujitsu

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

• 2 months later...

There are a lot of celebrities who train martial arts. One of my favorites, as mentioned earlier is Ed O’Neil (aka Al Bundy, Jay Pritchett). I believe black belt in BJJ.

Two other favorites not mentioned yet...

Dolph Lundgren, aka Ivan Drago - 3rd Dan Kyokushin. He competed in and won the European Kyokushin open tournament in the late 70s/early 80s. He was a green belt at the time and had to borrow a friend’s brown belt to compete.

Tom Araya (vocals and bass for Slayer) - last I saw was a 2nd dan in Okinawan karate, either Goju Ryu or Shorin Ryu.