Does anyone here learn shaolin?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I have studied Shaolin and I think it is worthless!! That's why I switched to JKD. To me this is the best system out there. We train in every fighting range. Punching, kicking, trapping, and groundfighting. If you want to learn all fighting ranges(we have 7 in our system) without MA BS then go study JKD..........

Yeah I have studied Shaolin and I think it is worthless!! That's why I switched to JKD. To me this is the best system out there. We train in every fighting range. Punching, kicking, trapping, and groundfighting. If you want to learn all fighting ranges(we have 7 in our system) without MA BS then go study JKD..........

It is funny that you say it is worthless and trhen state that in JKD that you fight in every range. It is quite possible you were either in Shaolin for a very short time, or that you had an inadequate instructor.

Shaolin also teaches all ranges of fighting, the four weapon classes, as well as groundfighting.

You forget your roots, Bruce Lee learne Wing Chun originally, a Shaolin system derivative taught by a Buddhist Nun. JKD can be good in its own right if taught by the right person, but be carfull.

Guys like Paul Vunak (JKD Guru guy trained by Dan Insanto) does thinks like this (from http://www.fighting.net/training.html):

"Private, One-on-one Personal Training/Instructorship Program. The price for a two-day personal training instructorship program is $2,000.00. If you wish, you can still bring up to four training partners to split the cost. (This could equate to five people each paying only $400.00!) Paul will teach you (and your group) exclusively for the entire two-day program."

If there are two day instructors out there teaching JKD, BUYER BEWARE.

• 3 weeks later...

It's funny how i go to forums all over the net and see ppl saying shaolin or kung fu is worthless.It makes me wonder who were their teachers or did they really train hard while at the school? So many ppl just go and walk through the motions ,and then wonder why their kung fu don't work.If you train half a$$ then you're gonna have half a$$ kung fu.Why are ppl surprised with what they get when they put in no effort?

jmd :)

The Basics Are The Hidden Secret To Kung Fu Master The Basics.

Kickmaster,

Shaolin encompasses a diversity of practices. The various systems within it were developed by some of the most reputable martial artists in Chinese history. It is the accumulation of many hundreds of years of wisdom, training and practical application.

But you 'studied it' so, despite your obvious ignorance of the scope of Shaolin, you know that it's utterly without value. Your judgement should obviously command respect.

Kickmaster wrote:

"Anyone one here studing JKD? I just signed up this week..."

Iron Arahat,

2,000 dollars for 2 days! Well, as any idiot knows, the more money you spend, the faster you become a supernatural MA master.

Iron Arahat,

2,000 dollars for 2 days! Well, as any idiot knows, the more money you spend, the faster you become a supernatural MA master.

Your right, I've been doing it wrong for all these years. I should have just payed lots of money instead of training hard. :lol:

All that time I could have saved just writing a cheque and training for 48 hrs, I could have be the next thing in MA :bawling:

Foolish me! :D

Yeah I have studied Shaolin and I think it is worthless!! That's why I switched to JKD.To me this is the best system out ther.

kickmaster,

I don't knock any style because all are effective if used the way they were intended.Just as you feel that shaolin is worthless some feel JKD is worthless and so on.Because JKD worked for you does'nt mean it fits everyone.That's why there are so many different styles because no one style can fit everyone.

Now the one good thing you said was.

" To me this is the best system out there "

It fits you that's good shaolin fits others Black Tiger fits me none are worthless!

jmd :)

The Basics Are The Hidden Secret To Kung Fu Master The Basics.