• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Are you a top gun pilot at heart?

Cross training can cause internal conflicts also.

How so? At one point I was training in TKD, Aikdio, and at out Defensive Tactics Club. I was not internally conflicted.

To stand in two boats at the same time can make a person fall in to deep water.

I consider it one boat: Martial Arts.

Cross training can also be a sign of not being adequately taught in a style so as to balance out gaps, then to seek out other styles.

I've trained TKD from my middle school years until present. There is no grappling in TKD. None. There is some standing joint manipulation, but it is not grappling. So naturally, to fill this void, I have to cross-train in grappling. Now, does that mean I was not taught TKD adequately, because I have to seek out grappling training?

A person that has a drivers license doesn't make them a race car driver.

True. Having a race car makes one a race car driver. Kids around here can start racing dirt track as early as 14. What it takes is time, money, equipment, and experience.

When a grappler says honestly "I will eat a few shots before taking the opponent to the ground"

Why eat any shots at all?

Learn how to defend shots, then take the opponent to the ground.

Its not so much that "I will eat a few shots to get a takedown," but more "I know I can eat some shots if I have to when securing a takedown." There's a difference.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Cross training can cause internal conflicts also.

How so? At one point I was training in TKD, Aikdio, and at out Defensive Tactics Club. I was not internally conflicted.

To stand in two boats at the same time can make a person fall in to deep water.

I consider it one boat: Martial Arts.

Cross training can also be a sign of not being adequately taught in a style so as to balance out gaps, then to seek out other styles.

I've trained TKD from my middle school years until present. There is no grappling in TKD. None. There is some standing joint manipulation, but it is not grappling. So naturally, to fill this void, I have to cross-train in grappling. Now, does that mean I was not taught TKD adequately, because I have to seek out grappling training?

A person that has a drivers license doesn't make them a race car driver.

True. Having a race car makes one a race car driver. Kids around here can start racing dirt track as early as 14. What it takes is time, money, equipment, and experience.

When a grappler says honestly "I will eat a few shots before taking the opponent to the ground"

Why eat any shots at all?

Learn how to defend shots, then take the opponent to the ground.

Its not so much that "I will eat a few shots to get a takedown," but more "I know I can eat some shots if I have to when securing a takedown." There's a difference.

Why eat what you don't need to?