• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ashihara Karate

Dani_001

JR137, I have made up my mind. I found something I like and want to do. Tonight's whole session was with the Kaicho. And I enjoyed it.

I'm glad you found what you're looking for. As sensei8 said, train hard.

As for Hussein Narker, I've heard very good things about him. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he was on the kyokushin4life forum when it was around. If it was him, he was either AshiharaKaicho or AshiharaFist. I remember seeing his actual name in his signature, if I'm not mistaken. Very nice guy and very knowledgeable.

Best of luck with it!

Thanks JR. He is the same person yes. Kaicho Hoosain Narker. Very humble and knowledgable. He holds dans in a few other styles as well including Kyokushin.

Uphold the Budo spirit and nothing will overcome you!

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
JR137, I have made up my mind. I found something I like and want to do. Tonight's whole session was with the Kaicho. And I enjoyed it.

I'm glad you found what you're looking for. As sensei8 said, train hard.

As for Hussein Narker, I've heard very good things about him. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he was on the kyokushin4life forum when it was around. If it was him, he was either AshiharaKaicho or AshiharaFist. I remember seeing his actual name in his signature, if I'm not mistaken. Very nice guy and very knowledgeable.

Best of luck with it!

Thanks JR. He is the same person yes. Kaicho Hoosain Narker. Very humble and knowledgable. He holds dans in a few other styles as well including Kyokushin.

Hi everyone,

So after the fasting month for us and a lot of shuffling, I had my first real class last night. stretches, warm up drills, kihon combo drills, partner work and pad work. And then I was extremely tired LOL. I really enjoyed myself. The new path is quite exciting and will update as I go along.

"fighting kata" which is far more akin to choreographed shadow kickboxing than actual kata IMO.

I have to agree. In watching this and other Eishin videos I would call it shadow boxing as well.

I do however like the fact that they utilize take downs within the kata and drills but have to say that it does not resemble what I have been exposed to through the years. Interesting though.

The person who succeeds is not the one who holds back, fearing failure, nor the one who never fails-but the one who moves on in spite of failure.

Charles R. Swindoll

"fighting kata" which is far more akin to choreographed shadow kickboxing than actual kata IMO.

I have to agree. In watching this and other Eishin videos I would call it shadow boxing as well.

I do however like the fact that they utilize take downs within the kata and drills but have to say that it does not resemble what I have been exposed to through the years. Interesting though.

It does seem. But I am sure that all bunkai started the same way and was never seen before by some