neoravencroft

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I teach grades 3-8 Science, and grades Pre-K 3-Kindergarten physical education at a catholic school. This is my 4th year.

Prior to that, I was an athletic trainer at a few NCAA Division 1 schools for about 18 years. I mainly did basketball and soccer, but did some football and hockey too. I loved doing that, but the Division 1 basketball traveling schedule was really made me get out. Not enough time to raise my kids.

I still work as an athletic trainer at a local high school off and on after school.

So cool! This is what I did in my former life pre-cop! I spent about 6 years out of college being a trainer before moving to LE.

Engineer full time.

The person who succeeds is not the one who holds back, fearing failure, nor the one who never fails-but the one who moves on in spite of failure.

Charles R. Swindoll

I'm not familiar with her, but I'll definitely check it out! Thanks for the link!

:up: :) Maybe one day you two can connect.

I teach grades 3-8 Science, and grades Pre-K 3-Kindergarten physical education at a catholic school. This is my 4th year.

Prior to that, I was an athletic trainer at a few NCAA Division 1 schools for about 18 years. I mainly did basketball and soccer, but did some football and hockey too. I loved doing that, but the Division 1 basketball traveling schedule was really made me get out. Not enough time to raise my kids.

I still work as an athletic trainer at a local high school off and on after school.

So cool! This is what I did in my former life pre-cop! I spent about 6 years out of college being a trainer before moving to LE.

I miss hanging out in a college training room. It's the only work environment where I felt 100% comfortable being myself at all times. I said and did so many things that were completely acceptable there, yet no where else.

If it weren't for the horrendous hours and dismal pay for the number of hours, I'd have stayed with it until I died.

How many people sit on the court during basketball games at places like Maryland, Georgetown, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Texas A&M, etc.? I made it a point to shoot a few free throws at every venue. It was one of my little things.

I wonder how many KF members have jobs like law enforcement or physical education where their MA training compliments what they do.

For me, my MA training has no connection to my job :) I work in sales importing and then selling speciality chemicals to business which make things like paints, plastics and construction materials.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

It has helped me in my job. Not using the moves, but understanding how what we are supposed to used works.

"Those who know don't talk. Those who talk don't know." ~ Lao-tzu, Tao Te Ching

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano

I wonder how many KF members have jobs like law enforcement or physical education where their MA training compliments what they do.

For me, my MA training has no connection to my job :) I work in sales importing and then selling speciality chemicals to business which make things like paints, plastics and construction materials.

My MA training also doesn't correlate with my job either.

"When I have listened to my mistakes, I have grown." ~Bruce Lee