• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Students in Financial Difficulty

Most of my students that needed any financial help didn't come to me at all. No, not at all!!

I came to them!!

I'll notice that said student hasn't been on the floor as of late, especially when in the past, that said student was adamant about being to every class without fail; they wanted to be at the dojo. Please let me say that again...THEY WANTED TO BE AT THE DOJO!! That raises my eyebrow.

I'll go visit them at their home!! I'll go through the normal salutations and all, then I'll ask them point blank if the reason that they're no longer attending class is due to some financial stress. Some let pride answer, and some pointedly say so!!

If I feel their desire is still there and they want to be at the dojo, I'll offer free tuition, and that'll continue until it no longer is warranted.

Those students, which is far and few, will come into my office and ask me straight out. That's the tough one because I don't know their heart. So, I'll offer a month free to learn about their heart. After that free month, I'll let them know my decision, a lot of that will be based on them.

Either way, they are not to discuss it with any student, parent, and/or whomever, and if they do, their financial assistance is ended immediately.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, I will say that I don't know that I would drop a student's dues completely to zero. I would work with the student or their parents to find a solution that is affordable for them, and may perhaps include helping out around the dojang as well.