• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What makes the elite, elite?

Different things. Athletic ability is one thing, and a good work ethic to go along with it is another. Talent, training, and experience are the big three, I think.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, because I'm no Olympic medalist or a Pan American medalist or a WKF Grand Champion or a UFC Champion, and/or the like, and/or by any thought of qualification(s) that define what is an elite MAist, I'm, therefore, not qualified to be an elite MAist??

That's cool; I'm good with that!! I despise labels, even though, within Shindokan, we've our share of them...that was Soke's idea, and not mine!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 2 weeks later...
So, because I'm no Olympic medalist or a Pan American medalist or a WKF Grand Champion or a UFC Champion, and/or the like, and/or by any thought of qualification(s) that define what is an elite MAist, I'm, therefore, not qualified to be an elite MAist??

That's cool; I'm good with that!! I despise labels, even though, within Shindokan, we've our share of them...that was Soke's idea, and not mine!!

:)

No, Bob, that doesn't mean that one isn't elite. There are different thoughts there. If I think of an elite athlete, I think of the great pros out there that get paid to play every day.

But those are the players. There are other versions of elite, as well, like the coaches. There are a lot of coaches out there that weren't championship caliber players, but they have a different ability, to teach/coach, so where they aren't elite physically, they are elite in other avenues of the profession.