• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What are your opinions of wrestling and martial arts

Uhm.. I know one person that could break a thigh bone with a Thai style kick to the leg. I'm sure there are others out there that can. It's more likely than you know. Many people just don't throw the kick in the correct way to get the most power out of it, even in the professional circuits.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To cripple someone with a single leg attack whether to the leg or thigh would in my thinking a fluck shot,your not kicking a dumby that is standing dead still you are fighting a living,moving,defencive,offencive thinking human being.

I also have known guys who have broken opponents legs(Thigh,Tibia and shattered knee caps) but they were not one off shots but set ups and usually middle to end of the bouts.

I trained with a Thai who had a reputation of breaking the pad holders forearms when they're holding pads for him,he was awesome.

In Savate they kick to the knee directly, so where are all the broken knees in one shot?

You can hurt a wrestler when he tries coming in but if he is half decent and has done his homework he will take you to the ground.

Maybe your misunderstanding the meaning of one-shot kick.. it means that just the one kick is breaking the thigh instead of a wearing down of the thigh with multiple kicks.. Of course there will have to be a great setup to land the kick, but that's besides the point. A great setup can make your opponent just stand there like a dummy and take the shot. Savate kicks to the knees can be very effective and break knees if they have steel toed shoes. Even a wrestler has to setup his "shot" to take a person down, right? It's better to be well-rounded and able to fight where you want to fight.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
wreslting should only be an element of your training, it should be one of those options if u wanted to add grappling to your system, but i would much rather suggest, sambo,judo,bjj. just because they teach you how to neutralize an opponent and not just pin him so you can get the 3count and win

"When we go to the ground,you are in my world, the ground is the ocean, I am the shark,

and most people don't even know how to swim"