• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

20sh club

ramymensa

I have a question for you 20 somethings then. Do you feel different training now than you did as a teenager? How big are the difference you see in your outlook in life compared to your sedentary peers?

Speaking for myself ... I've started training when I was 20. I've never had the opportunity of doing this as a child, so I can't tell how it feels to be a teenage karateka :)

I was always slender and quite fit, but since I've started training I feel a lot better. I look very good and in comparison with other peers you can always tell I'm doing a lot of exercise. It feels great to have an active life :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question for you 20 somethings then. Do you feel different training now than you did as a teenager? How big are the difference you see in your outlook in life compared to your sedentary peers?

Well I'm 21 (and lov'n it) :D

I started before I was even a teenager so my training life has gone through many different stages. I do think that my training is different (maybe better) to when I was around 15-16, but this isn't just due to my age it would be more due to the time I have put into traning.

- Only by contrast can we see.

- Each for his own.

• 1 month later...

Great stuff - I'm joining this club

I'm 25 and to answer your question SaiFightsMS, I feel very different to when I was a teenager. In my teen years, I never knew what sport was and never went to any Physical Education classes - I'd always tee up my music classes to coincide :brow: I'd also eat lots of fast food and other junk food. Whole packets of biscuits or blocks of chocolate were no problem with me...

The difference now is fantastic. I'm over 30kg's lighter than I was 2 years ago and not only do I now train 5-6 days a week, I now eat to live instead of living to eat :karate:

==================

http://come.to/BlackBeauty

==================

Some interesting answers everyone.

Now I have another question for you. Can you realistically see yourself doing some kind of training or fitness activity for the rest of your life? How much do you think your answer differs from the way your sedentary peers think?

Sai,

I never trained in my teen years. I was fat, outta shape. I couldn't tell you the difference, because I don't know. I was 24 when I started MA. It was the greatest thing I ever did for myself. I am in better shape than I ever was, and I wouldn't quit for nothing. Not even cancer. I had cancer and over came it. I know you have MS (from another thread) but don't let it get you down (and I know you haven't). I work with someone else with MS. She is in a wheelchair, but not for long with her courage (sp?). She inspires me :) I have a lot of faith in you, and I know what you over-came now with this friend of mine. Bless you. :) Keep up the great work :)

Laurie F