• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Osu - From Killer Miller

Killer Miller

Hi all, I'm known as Killer Miller, a name I was blessed with from the guys in my past training days... An interesting story as to how I was given that name, but this is an introduction - perhaps another time... :)

I am a Shodan in Karate, JKA/AAKF Shoto-kan, and trained for 17 years under Hidetaka Nishiyama. I have had the absolute pleasure to train with some of the best teams and karate-ka in the world - Oishi, Shirai, Matsura, Mori, Japan team, European team, Iran team, etc..., to name a few. I was about one month from my Nidan test, and a couple of year from making the Team, and incurred a seriou injury. This ended my heavy training. I had several Dojos after that, then got married, went corporate - Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc., and then just kind of faded out of the art.

I have just had surgery for my injury about a year ago and I am doing great since - back in action!!! But not in Karate, I am an avid Table Tennis practitioner/competitor. The techniques used in karate are identical to table tennis techniques. I devote several hours a week to the sport, and promote my karate techniques/concepts to the sport - I have a website on my Table Tennis concepts. The work out I get from table tennis training/competition is almost as intense as from my karate days. Just lower impact on the body, and the only thing you have to block is a stray ball heading toward you face, or an occasional poor sport loser... :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

I don't know if I will get back into Karate, but just the same, I love discussing it with others. Sometimes I feel guilty not passing on what I have learned, and whom I've learned it from... But that's life I guess. :cry: Although, in a way I have through table tennis. And I can still put my finger through a 8 1/2 x 11" piece of paper haning on a string - great at parties when there's a big guy talking tough and I do this and they can't... :D :) :karate:

Favorite book: "Gorin No Sho" (Book of Five Rings)

Favorite Katas: Gan Kaku, Niju Shiho, Unsu (sp?)

Favorite karate competitor: Takeshi Oshi

Favorite training concepts: Kake Waza, Sasoi Waza

Favorite saying: "Mizu No Kokoro" (Mind Like Water)

Nice to meet you all! :D :D :D

- Killer -

Mizu No Kokoro

Shodan - Nishiyama Sensei

Table Tennis: http://www.jmblades.com/

Auto Weblog: http://appliedauto.mypunbb.com/

Auto Forum: http://appauto.wordpress.com/

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome Killer, its a shame that you cant get back into Karate, was it so obviously ment a lot to you.

The Book of Five Rings is truely excellent, although my favorite athor will always be O Sensei Ueshiba.

Look forward to talking to you

Take Care,

Chris

Welcome to the forum "Killer Miller" :karate:

Look forward to your input :) :karate: :) :karate:

Talk to ya soon!

PS.- tell everyone I said hi :D

Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way

Kenpo - Brown

TKD - Advanced Green

Welcome to KarateForums Killer Miller (and I thought my that was my sister-in-law's nickname!!)

...thanks for the very interesting intro, looking forward to your participation here!

My husband is an avid table tennis player!! Interesting approach to the game ... applying your karate skills! You should consider writing an article here on that! What a great spin on the arts!

Welcome to Karateforums.com :)

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

Hello Killer Miller. Welcome to the forums :)

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"