• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was pondering earlier, how you would prevent the fight going to the ground in a prolonged engagment. I know that BJJ et la, is very popular at the moment, also the idea of "anti grappling" is'nt. So how would you stop the fight going down to the ground?

Take Care/

I 'm a grappler , and I disagree . There are plenty of people / schools that are teaching what could be called anti-ground fighting techniques . I personally don't believe that all fights should go to the ground either . If I can incapcitate my opponent from a standing position , then why wouldn't I do so ?!

Remember , grappling , wrestling , and all other forms of groundfighting require superior positioning , isn't standing over an unconcious wouldbe attacker good positioning ?! :D :wink: :wink:

Study and show thyself approved.

Don't become so focused on the weapon that you become castrated.

HDR - 2000

I think he meant to say that the current popular vision is to train in an art that takes the encounter to the ground, as apposed to training to keep it from going to the ground. I don't think his "popular" term was in any way claiming that BJJ was only a fad. 8)

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

• 2 weeks later...
i suppose you will beat those opponents with your kata's forms, and saying "KIAI" (to scare them) ;)

Hell no,only thing that would scare me from some of the students saying kiai is probably the bad breath coming out of some of the students'mouth.LOL