Preventing that ground fight.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i feel its also important to study a strking martial art, i love bjj but i still study boxing on the side

and i can't think of any counters to the sprawl ?

"When we go to the ground,you are in my world, the ground is the ocean, I am the shark,

and most people don't even know how to swim"

The full mount is not the great position most ppl think it is.If you know your techniques you could submit someone in the full mount while on your back with ease.

Can you give an example of a technique?

I've never seen anyone submit a guy from the mount before.

If you know how to strike and bring out the power in those strikes a grappler should never be able to take you down.Remember a grappler has to go through your range and strikes to get to his range.

Keep in mind most grapplers can strike as well, even if only to a limited extent. Most strikers can't grapple at all unless they've ever trained in grappling.

It's much harder to prevent being taken down than you think it is, put on some gloves against a grappler, and have him take you down while you just strike.

There are always two choices, two paths. One choice is easy and its only reward is it's easy.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

YOUVE NEVER SEEN ANYONE BEING SUBMITTED FROM MOUNT?

HOLY S**T , ARMBAR FROM MOUNT,KEYLOCK, TRAINGLE CHOKE(with arms, suffucating the guy with his own arm) , i find that hard to believe

i love being in mounted position, its just its very hard to get there

"When we go to the ground,you are in my world, the ground is the ocean, I am the shark,

I've seen my instructor do a bunch of things to get a guy in the mount off of him... usually using pressure points (sometimes the guy can't get off fast enough :)).

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu

Knock them out with the first strike....

If it becomes a "fight" (exchanging techniques) then you probably will end up on the ground, and your years of training has failed you. A REAL fight is too dynamic to predict, that's why it must end within 3 strikes.

Off topic: I was just checking out your website (I live in the KC area myself), and those "knockout videos" are pretty amazing.

I've never seen anyone use that technique. :o

whats that suppose to mean "unknown"?

there are other studies done by other people and organisations that will back that up

to prevent fightinh in floor donot use your foot when attacking opponent. use only your hands and don't stay in a place. bjj teaches people to bring someone down when they are not in motion. whirlwind strike is a good technique to ese against a bjj :up:

Yes, but Judo teaches you how to take down a person when they are moving. I think this whole arguement boils down to two issues, speed and training. If you train to stop a person who wants to go to the ground, and execute your technique quicker than they do; then you can prevent going to the ground. There have been whole threads about the 90% of all fights going to the ground:

http://www.karateforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=1363

I won't go into it now, the thread pretty much covers it all. In order to be a good grappler, you have to know how to grapple. In order to beat a striker, you have to know how to strike. You need to train to be a well rounded martial artist. This is a fact which I think has not changed through out history. The difference is that people have made fighting more scientific and have tried to analyze it more.