• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Practicing Muay Thai now

Hi guys. Long time no see. Over the last week or so I've been training in traditional Muay Thai now so I now have something to supplement my Wing Chun.

"When I have listened to my mistakes, I have grown." ~Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Even though you've just only began in training Muay Thai...

How many classes have you had??

Are you enjoying the style??

What's the most challenging thing about it that you noticed right away??

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I've only had 4 classes so far and so far the style is enjoyable. My biggest challenge are going to be the kicks. I'm not very flexible and I can't kick very high.

"When I have listened to my mistakes, I have grown." ~Bruce Lee

Good news that you're enjoying the training after 4 classes; each journey starts with a few steps!!

While you say that you can't kick high, I'd like to encourage you to remember this...

Muay Thai has several devastating low kicks. For example, their Cut Kick is capable of dropping an opponent to the ground.

And I'm sure that you've either seen or have trained on a Muay Thai hanging bag...let me tell you this...I love those bags because of their density. First times you unleash a kick on those hanging bags, you'll swear that you just hit a stone column. Then, as time goes by, those bags are moving and bending with your kicks...you start bending and moving those bags, your opponent will wish they'd moved out of the way.

Don't let it discourage you about your inability of kicking high. Instead, become the best friend of those Muay Thai bags; they'll make a difference, as well as making a believer out of you, and out of your opponent.

You chop at a tree long enough with resolve, that tree will fall!! Many times I've seen a fight end with one well placed low kick.

Its great that you are enjoying it. Make sure to do some good stretching after each session, to help improve your flexibility. That will help your kicks. It takes time to get that flexibility.

Its great that you are enjoying it. Make sure to do some good stretching after each session, to help improve your flexibility. That will help your kicks. It takes time to get that flexibility.

Solid post!!

I seem to forget to stretch for one good or bad reason afterwards. As I approach 60 years old, :bawling: , I can feel the difference quickly and long lasting. For 2 weeks or so, my left hip flexors have given me a few pauses. Neglect stretching before and AFTER a workout is quite beneficial to ones overall health.