• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Learner's Permit?

You can drive while someone who has a driver license is with you.

Listen to your Mom, listen to your Dad, and listen to KickChick. Better safe than sorry because when driving an error in judgement may not always get you a second chance. Also, a clean record is not only safer but also a lot cheaper in the long run. Good Luck.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

u know the winter driving raises a funny situation.....

we got some snow last weekend and my nieghbor has a front-wheel-drive truck......he then switched his tires to winter tread tires, its funny cuz he only put on two winter tires which he bolted on the back which wouldnt really make a whole lot of difference. i pointed out his little mistake to him and he told me to shut up. well when i come home from school that day his front end is all smashed up! looks like he rear ended a dude! ha ha ha!

Whoa! Driving at the age of 16?

That's not even legal in the UK - you can't hold a driving licence until you're two years older. But then again, you're allowed into the pub once you're 18 so I guess it evens out... My 18th birthday was such fun(!)

Just don't drink and drive. Ever - unless it's COFFEE!!! :lol:

Anyway, you wanted a driving test story. Well, here's mine. I was driving along in York (my home town) and during my first test, I ended up being told to drive down a very narrow street with cars parked on both sides. A car coming towards me had right of way so I pulled in to let him pass. Thing is, he didn't. He flashed his headlights at me - probably being helpful to a learner - but I stayed where I was. He flashed again and waved at me. I went. I was failed. :-?

Why? Well, no idea if it means the same thing in the good ol'US of A but in the UK, flashing your headlights offically means that you're warning other drivers of danger ahead.

I was crushed... However, I passed the second time. :wink:

If I can pass a driving test, you can - believe me.

Best wishes.

The best thing about being an adult is that you can run with scissors(!)

Ah MonkeyGirl learning to drive is a journey. And one that does not end when you get your drivers license. When my younger sister got her drivers license I was the one who spent most of the time with her supervising her on her learners permit. (I am quiet a bit older than she is and had better nerves and patience then than did the parents.)

Actually getting your license is in many ways like getting your black belt it is a beginning of a new learning process. And a beginning of a big time of responsibility. And one heck of an adventure.

When I took drivers ed in high school we had a real experience. In one of the other classes that used the car I was assigned too they had a real adventure. They were going through a traffic light (a green one too) and were hit broadside. It turns out the person that hit them and totaled the drivers ed car was a fellow high schooler who had sneaked the car out against the parental orders.

You can imagine it was a very sobering experience to see the twisted car I had been in just a few hours earlier.

He flashed again and waved at me. I went. I was failed.

you were driving on the wrong side of the road.... :brow: :brow:

Cheers .... :P

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

Well good luck when you do your test next year :)

I will also be applying for my learners next year too!!

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"