• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Driving Soon :O

monkeygirl

Yes, it's true...on February 15th, 2003, I can apply for my learner's permit :o

I don't know if that's when I'll actually apply, due to weather conditions and such (I don't want to learn how to drive in 3 feet of snow), but it's the earliest that I can.

I'll keep you guys posted on how the whole process goes...with EVERY boring detail ;) j/k but I will keep you posted.

In the meantime, what were your early driving experiences like? How was your driver's ed teacher? Did you pass the first time? When was your first wreck? Stuff like that. Feel free to elaborate.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck....Learning to drive in snow can be a very good learning experience. (If your careful) I learned how to drive in the Winter on a hill that is straight up and very curvy. I think that allowed me to become a good driver in the Winter, but anyway good luck. Its easy.

I am going to get my drivers license soon, I haven't done anything yet, as I haven't had anywhere to go. :)

I have the little manual and I have pulled the cars around before and what have you.

Just a matter of time.

Okay.... you didn't ask for this monkeygirl ...(and I don't know how receptive you are to advice from your parents) .... but do listen to them when it comes to your driving.

My son got his license last November after drivers education, drug & alcohol training classes and 4 months of driving with a learners permit (road instruction).

With our help (he is paying us back!) he bought himself a nice (perfect condition Nissan Altima GXE) ... Insurance is so high that he has liability only and no collision.... so we told him to drive safely. Sure you cannot help how other people drive, but you need to be aware.

You may drive fine but there are alot of jerks on the road!

4 days later he rear ended the car in front of him (car in ront of him stopped short) ... who just happened to be a friend of his from school.$1,000.00 damage which isn't covered.

2 days after that.... speeding ticket for $167.00

Listening to your parents telling you to slow down and not go so fast... --- priceless!

..... here's your "driving guardian angel" :angel:

My friend's son just got his license last Tuesday. He was allowed to take the family car (Mercury Mountaineer) by himself for the first time on Saturday morning. Went around a curve a little too fast and ran it through the trees. My friend took his license away shortly after.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

he he he good luck monkeygirl, I could have got my learners permit last may, but to be frank I am not really too interested and I have no need for it, guess I couldn't be bothered :)

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN