• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

bad things about being a martial artist

this is what i could think of, or not so bad but just not so good.

1.u'll be injurred all the time if u practice full contact and/or go real hard core

2.u won't be able to enjoy a good action movie without realizing how fake the fight scenes are.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Very true, especially number 2. Apart from Bruce Lee, Jet Li and Steven Seagal films.

Also, I think when you tell people that you do MA's, they will do there upmost to make sure the technique you are trying to show them does'nt work.

take Care.

Sorry, can't participate on this one. I live in the "Positive" and want to stay in the "Positive".

Just keep saying to yourself: "Positive Self Talk" :karate: , "Positive Self Talk" :karate: , "Positive Self Talk" :karate: , "Positive Self Talk" :karate:

It's like a self fulfilling prophecy, stay focused on the positive and positive things will happen. Focus on the bad things and .........

Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way

Kenpo - Brown

TKD - Advanced Green

1.u'll be injurred all the time if u practice full contact and/or go real hard core

2.u won't be able to enjoy a good action movie without realizing how fake the fight scenes are.

Right on both things :)

You always get injured and if you're a girl they would stare at you as if you would have come from Mars :)

About those awful fight scenes... you should hear me comment on them ... My folks sait they would throw the TV set if I continued being obnoxious. What do they mean? :D :D :D

Yep I do the same on number two. However I look at every fight scene and see if there is something that will work. Then I try it in the dojo. I also respect some of the people for their athletic ability because some of that I could never do. Basically I analyze everything. (Thats just my nature I guess).

As for getting injured. I got more injuries from football than from MA. Well bad injuries anyway. I get a lot of bumps and bruises and even some minor breaks for MA. Hurt my shoulder and knee probably for life with football. So MA in some respects allows you to train your body to either recieve a strike or not even take a strike without much pain.

I do hate wire stunts....crouching tiger hidden dragon comes to mind.

Go to a party with your friends and if any of them get into trouble they all wait you act like Batman and save them... they even feel they can make problems because they have there own personal Black belt bodyguard.

" I warn you to not mess with me because my friend overthere ( you are on a corner talking with a girl, not knowing what's happening in the other side of the room) Is a karate black belt and he'll kick your butt "

lol